Hi Fellow FitnessPal people

Options
Hi to everyone

My name is Susan. I'm 47' 5'10" and weigh 230.
My goal weight is about 170.

I have been divorced for over a year and basically ate my way thought the unhappiness. It's time to move on with my life.
I am interesting in dating but don't have the self confidence yet to do so. I'm so unhappy with how overweight and out of shape I have allow myself to become.

It's time for a change!

Replies

• ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Good luck Susan!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome! we all feel like that at times but you have done something very good. you have come to mfp. you will find very good support here an in no time you will fell good about yourself again! i am sending over a friend request as a means of support & encouragement in the future for. hope to be conversing with each other shortly! hang in there just a little longer.
  • ctroxell2004
    Options
    I know how you feel about being ready to date but not being comfortable with yourself.
    I can give you support if you need it :).
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wish you success in your journey to health!
  • steve33776
    steve33776 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Right on! Been there, done that and still working on getting better. Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for motivated/motivating friends.
  • 29sexymama
    29sexymama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel... Feel free to add me :)
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.

i joined this site almost 1 year ago and it worked for me. Logged my food and exercise and hit my goals. The weight loss took care of itself. But the support of friends made the difference

Anybody feel free to add me but if not good luck for 2013.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hey, it happens. I had the opposite happen. I was doing beautiful and maintaining for several years and then I moved abroad and went on permanent vacation mode. Whoohoo! Yep. You guessed it. I gained some poundage. After about a year, I decided it was time to lose it. That's what I spent the last year doing. Next time I move, regardless of where I move to, I'm going to do a periodic maintenance check to keep it on track. Since we are a military family, that will come up again.

I don't have any experience with what you are dealing with. You may want friends who have more in common. I just stopped in to tell you three things.

1. Don't be too hard on yourself. Seriously. It is the people with a more positive outlook on this that tend to have healthy long lasting eating habits that are more likely to stick. Okay, I sort of BS'ed that but don't go drastic and don't beat yourself up too much. Look at this in a long term view. You'll be happier and more likely to stick with it.

2. Keep in mind that motivation waxes and wanes. Commitment is far more important. Tell yourself what you WILL do and then do it. Work on identifying excuses. Work on reflecting on what you are doing and learn from it (opposite of beating yourself up over it).

3. Make this an adventure. Use it to learn new things. Dwell on your accomplishments. Make mini goals. Progress is the name of the game, not perfection. Learn to enjoy the process. You don't have to like it every single moment of every single day. I don't. But when I get down about it, I look for something new to embrace. Join a challenge. Try a new exercise class. Read a nutrition book. It can be as mundane or as exciting as you make it.
  • january2015
    Options
    Welcome. I am new here also. The support I have already found has been great. Feel free to add me.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan,

Welcome to the divorced and losing weight club.
    I wish you every sucess.