Breakfast

Options
I have been working hard to get healthier (and fitter) over the last 4 months, and of late I have noticed that the days I go to the gym in the morning for my daily workout and have breakfast soon afterwards - then I am less likely to eat more throughout the day and my food cravings subside a lot more than what they are when I am lazy and skip the morning sessions.

Is this just me, or are there other people out there who experience similar results?

Also, increasingly my breakfast is also becoming the heaviest meal of the day - and I don't just mean that in terms of calories, just in terms of volume. It's surprising, as it's not something I have been trying to do, but something that has just evolved.

Good? Bad? Doesn't matter?

Anyone out there with thoughts on this?

Replies

• gem25984
    Options
    Personally i think breakfast is a must (even thou i have to force it down) as it sets you up for the day. I think the volume you eat is determined by your body and the exercise your doing, its your bodys way of getting what it needs x
  • aggars
    Options
    I think that's been the difference for me.

From totally shunning breakfast with the cliched "I don't have time", to the stage where I need breakfast otherwise I am looking at anything to munch to keep myself going!
  • gem25984
    Options
    so will you have breakfast everyday now then? and make the time? i try to eat breakfast between 8-9 lunch 12-12.30 and dinner 4-5 5.30 lastest. that way your body knows when its getting fed. i hope you do great. happy new year :-)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    From a weight loss perspective, when you eat in the day is irrelevant. Eat whichever times are best for you based on adherence and performance.

I train fasted in the morning and do not eat until about 1pm. I am not hungry in the morning and it leaves more calories for larger evening meals.