Not Losing Fat in Breasts?

Options
So it's no secret I started at 315 pounds, it's on my ticker. My boobs were DDD then, and after 86 pounds gone my boobs are still DDD and I swear my left boob is getting bigger. I only have 45 more pounds to go to get where I want to be. Is there any chance I can still lose from my breasts? I mean, I like my breasts because they are one of my nice assets but I think if I lose more weight and get smaller having big breasts may look unproportionate . Anyone else NOT lose any fat from their breasts while losing weight?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's possible they could still shrink some if you have extra fat there and if that's the last place on your body to lose. I actually gained half an inch on mine, but I never had much fat there to start. :) I'm only a C cup, and I really wanted to stay that way. Thankfully I have so far.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Has your band size got smaller? If so, then your breasts must have got smaller too in order to maintain the same cup size.

To answer your question - there is a chance. Everyone is different with this issue, but with 45 lbs left, it may well be that you will lose more from your breasts as you get closer to goal.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So it's no secret I started at 315 pounds, it's on my ticker. My boobs were DDD then, and after 86 pounds gone my boobs are still DDD and I swear my left boob is getting bigger. I only have 45 more pounds to go to get where I want to be. Is there any chance I can still lose from my breasts? I mean, I like my breasts because they are one of my nice assets but I think if I lose more weight and get smaller having big breasts may look unproportionate . Anyone else NOT lose any fat from their breasts while losing weight?
    Not every woman has a lot of fat there. Some of us have more mammary tissue and you don't lose that with weight loss.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    It's funny how these things go. Some ladies complain that it's the first place they lose. I've been losing band size but not cup size until very recently. It's made me wonder if the ladies who say they lose cup size first are just that much closer to their goal than some of us who say we lose a lot of weight but not in the breast. I can say that the shape of my breasts has changed a lot in the past month. I started wearing D or DD depending on the bra, and I suspect I could end up being a C or D by the end. I doubt very seriously that I'm ever going to be less than a C.

I was recently told that almost all women have the same amount of breast tissue (not a lot) and the rest is all about fat and how your body decides to store it. Learn to love yourself and not care about what size you are needing when you have done what's best for your body. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first place I gain, last place I lose. Mad frustrating.

It's possible that one breast has actually gotten smaller instead of the other getting bigger. That was happening to me earlier this month. I don't know why, but weight loss is not linear even in our tits.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    can I hate you????
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    lmbo not that I would want to be a DDD but I would have loved to keep my D's- lost 12 lbs and prolly 2lbs of that came from the ladies.....mores the pity....I would like to know how to keep it!!! lmbo
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38D to a 36DD....I would say it's possible. At least the band got smaller...I do like my breasts.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Has your band size got smaller? If so, then your breasts must have got smaller too in order to maintain the same cup size.

To answer your question - there is a chance. Everyone is different with this issue, but with 45 lbs left, it may well be that you will lose more from your breasts as you get closer to goal.

I have gone from a 46ddd to a 42ddd and my boobs still pop out of the cups. Especially my left one
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If your boobs pop out of the cups on a 42ddd then you need to try a 42f or 42g because 42ddd is too small in the cup - everything is supposed to fit in the cup, if it's overflowing you need more cup to stuff it in. I have gone up 2 cup sizes this year while loosing inches everywhere else, so there's no guarantee that you will shrink there and yes, you could in fact be growing there.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Didn't lose any noticeable amount from mine. Started out a snug 32F now much more comfortable 32F and could probably go a smaller band if I didn't live in Australia where buying small band large cup bras is hard work. Thank goodness for online shopping.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    hmmmmm................i like this thread. :love:
  • rml_16
    Options
    Didn't lose any noticeable amount from mine. Started out a snug 32F now much more comfortable 32F and could probably go a smaller band if I didn't live in Australia where buying small band large cup bras is hard work. Thank goodness for online shopping.

That's tough anywhere! At my ideal weight, I'm 34DD and lucky to find one bra in any store that size, and then it's not always flattering.

I can't imagine being your size! Do you have to make them yourself? lol
  • msbunnie68
    Options

That's tough anywhere! At my ideal weight, I'm 34DD and lucky to find one bra in any store that size, and then it's not always flattering.

LOL not quite! But I have bought bigger sizes so the cup fits and have taken the band in - used to do that especially with strapless bras because apparently you don't wear strapless bras when you have F cups!! Now you get the odd one or two strapless ones that look like they are going to wrestle your breasts into submission. I still buy the cute larger banded ones and take them in.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    For me, my boobs were the first place I seemed to lose weight, followed by my waist, then hips, then thighs. Some women lose weight in their boobs last, which could be your case. Also, if you're doing any weights that work the chest muscles (ex. pushups), those will give you a natural lift that will also make them look bigger or like they haven't gone down in size. Just an observation I had, but in my case it didn't help much :laugh:
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    If your boobs pop out of the cups on a 42ddd then you need to try a 42f or 42g because 42ddd is too small in the cup - everything is supposed to fit in the cup, if it's overflowing you need more cup to stuff it in. I have gone up 2 cup sizes this year while loosing inches everywhere else, so there's no guarantee that you will shrink there and yes, you could in fact be growing there.

ok missy ....what you doing??? Inquiring minds want to know lol
  • rml_16
    Options

LOL not quite! But I have bought bigger sizes so the cup fits and have taken the band in - used to do that especially with strapless bras because apparently you don't wear strapless bras when you have F cups!! Now you get the odd one or two strapless ones that look like they are going to wrestle your breasts into submission. I still buy the cute larger banded ones and take them in.
    [/quote]

I don't even care if my strapless are cute. I live in Florida, which means to be comfy in summer, I NEED to wear sundresses pretty much every day. I just want a strapless that fits tight enough to stay up and is the right size. I just buy the flesh-colored ones so they go with everything. Only the BF (of 8 years) and I see them, anyway.

I love that they now have them with the extra piece of elastic and the sticky rubbery stuff. Those straplesses work wonders.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. But for me I didn't lose any. I'm 5'2" and I currently weigh in at 123lbs. I had a reduction/life done on November 7th. I was currently a 36DD and went down to a 36C. My surgeon informed me that I did not have a lot of fat in my breast so it could be that you may not have a lot.

Best of luck to everyone!

sheila
  • msbunnie68
    Options
    For me, my boobs were the first place I seemed to lose weight, followed by my waist, then hips, then thighs. Some women lose weight in their boobs last, which could be your case. Also, if you're doing any weights that work the chest muscles (ex. pushups), those will give you a natural lift that will also make them look bigger or like they haven't gone down in size. Just an observation I had, but in my case it didn't help much :laugh:

I knew there was a reason I avoid weights!!
  • msbunnie68
    Options

I don't even care if my strapless are cute. I live in Florida, which means to be comfy in summer, I NEED to wear sundresses pretty much every day. I just want a strapless that fits tight enough to stay up and is the right size. I just buy the flesh-colored ones so they go with everything. Only the BF (of 8 years) and I see them, anyway.

I love that they now have them with the extra piece of elastic and the sticky rubbery stuff. Those straplesses work wonders.
    [/quote]

Amen to that! I live in Western Australia and a strapless selection is essential! (Our temps for the last week have been averaging 39.5C which is about 103F..) Bras have to fit nicely and the band is the most important part as it supports you.