Anyone doing weight watchers

Options
hi anybody doing weight watchers I'm looking for pals.

Replies

• Shelbsta22
    Options
    I'll be signing BACK up either today (if I get off work early enough) or first thing Wednesday morning!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I've been doing WW since May.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about it. Do you find it easier to follow if you do it online or by going to the meetings?
  • China37
    China37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been a member since 2009 and I'm so tossed which way to go this time around...I still count points sometimes. Let's be pals anyway lol :smile:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about it. Do you find it easier to follow if you do it online or by going to the meetings?
    I do online only.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I did it for a short while last year and have signed back up today, ready to start tomorrow. I've been messing around with calorie counting for too long now and need a fresh approach!
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to join!! Is there a group on here for WW users??
  • Shelbsta22
    Options

I personally find meetings to be more motivating. You have more of reason to kind of stick with it all week because you weigh in- in front of someone, not just yourself. To each their own (:
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options

There's one called Weight Watchers Points Plus. :smile:
  • fervc64
    Options
    Was a member. Thinking about going back. I still track my points.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have an honest question....what is the difference between WW and counting calories?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I have an honest question....what is the difference between WW and counting calories?

It costs money and has less flexibility/customisation.
  • Anna19911
    Options
    WW's helped me learn the basics about food. I couldn't do it just by counting calories when I started out because I thought that meant only salads. So of course I never lasted. I joined WW's in Nov. 2009 and it has honestly changed my life. I'm one of those people that need that accountability and I defiantly got it from the meetings. I highly recommend WW's. Especially if your just starting on your WLJ.
  • Anna19911
    Options

It costs money and has less flexibility/customisation.

Says some one whos never done it. You can say what you think but its gotten me where I am today and I am SO thankful for it.
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was about to ask the same thing as it seems counting points looks on the surface the same as counting calories. I am not bashing but to me it does not make much sense. Is it just because maybe your paying for it you feel the need to adhere to it more?
  • Anna19911
    Options
    I think paying helps to push you more. But thats not all it is. When I started trying to loose weight I had no clue where to start and WW's helped me learn about what food is and how I can look at it better. I like it because everyone at the meetings has the same struggles as me and they're there to help.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes its called weight watchers 360
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    I was about to ask the same thing as it seems counting points looks on the surface the same as counting calories. I am not bashing but to me it does not make much sense. Is it just because maybe your paying for it you feel the need to adhere to it more?

You have to realize what we're paying for... accountability, someone we can talk to.. in person, and knowledge. WW teaches you why you need to eat certain foods.. not just tell you- here's a calorie goal eat whatever you want until you've reached it. WW teaches you proportion control, and what food groups to eat and how much of them a day.
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I will be doing it at home, on my own along with this site program. I've been doing it off and on so I know what my ranges are and have last years point info to keep me on track. Using WW more of a guide than a hard core program for my intended purposes. I need to focus more on activity than food.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    Do you track your food both online with WW site and on this site then? Just curious. I'm looking at all my options right now...