New Years Resolutions

Options

Replies

• oggydude
    Options
    After finally reducing my BMI from obese to normal last year, I wish to reduce my body fat % to 12-15% and gets a nice muscly body as well as pass my first year of med school, and get a drivers license. I also want to improve my footballing skills and maybe change from a CB and full back to a midfielder role in my team. :) Those are the ones I really want to achieve, a plus would be to start training and sign up to run the 2014 london marathon but thats not a total priority. Thanks for reading and good luck everybody in reaching your goals.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My goals are to:

Eat a bit better (mainly cut out pop and candy) and cook dinner every night. We've eaten a lot of grilled chicken breast and fruit these last two months.

I will put more money into savings instead of spending it just because I can.

And get along better with certain family members.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Found this in yesterday's paper:

"It's the New Year, and as you may know, I don't like to make conventional resolutions, because that requires me to think about how much I suck. Who needs it? Too negative. Instead, every new year, I prefer to make unresolutions. I think about the things I like about myself and resolve to keep doing them. "

This is actually valid. If you read a book called, "Soar With Your Strengths", its about doing more of what you a good at and less of what you are bad at. In other words, if you're bad at math, stop doing math. You're not witted for it. Learn the basics and move on. There is a ton of interesting research around this. Cool stuff.
  • 22Pounds2Go
    22Pounds2Go Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I resolve to:
    a) lose 22 pounds, and then reassess. Sadly, I gained 15 of these pounds in the last four months. Hopefully, they come off as quickly.
    b) to get a yoga dvd and do it everyday. I love yoga for so many reasons: makes you strong and limber,
    c) to walk with my kids in the sled twice a week. They love it, and it must burn a lot of calories since I sweat like a pig doing it..
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Here are my resolutions:

1) Lose these last 5 lbs
    2) Drink more water (I'm so BAD at this!!)
    3) Sign up for a 5K and run the whole thing (even if it takes me 55 minutes, haha)
    4) Start a strength training program so I can lose some inches
    5) Pick up one extra shift a month to help pay for my upcoming wedding expenses
    6) Finish my Masters' Degree! (slated to finish next December, woo hoo!)

Good luck to EVERYONE on their resolutions!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Lose the last 10 pounds
    Get a personal trainer for a couple of sessions to give me some new ideas on how to work out
    Get more toned
    Get more relaxed around food and not beat myself up for eating things I want but know I shouldnt eat
    Drink more water/less diet soda
    Keep working out 4-6 times a week
    Start rebuilding my wardrobe soon as all I have is mostly cheap transitional clothes that I dont like
    Try new foods. I'm a picky eater and this has been very challenging and hard for me, but I'm making progress!
    More focus on my job.. I work from home and make my own hours, and I havent been doing nearly enough in the last 6 months
  • sabrajanebrown
    sabrajanebrown Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Obtain my goal weight, sort out my finances and spend more time with my son.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Continue to exercise hard and smart
    Continue to follow my macros
    Build muscle
    Write more
    Enter more writing competitions
    Enjoy every moment 2013 brings! :)
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I'm going to post some goals:

Lost twenty lbs by June. (That's realistic)

I want to start and finish New Rules of Lifting for Women

I want to be able to run a mile.

I want to be confident.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    To jog everyday & drink water.
  • aeich8899
    aeich8899 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My goals for the new year is to do 30ds a few times, start strong lifts 5x5 and do cardio 3 days a week starting with c25k then 5210k
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    * Iron more than once a week (aargh that ironing basket is a working womans bane!)
    * Start the day with a brisk beach walk every morning once we move into our new house.
    * Continue maintenance successfully by mindful eating and continued logging.
  • TVISmith
    TVISmith Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To watch less tv and do something more interesting instead.

I second that!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Just want to continue with what I'm already doing. Eating right, exercising, continue with school and enjoy life.
  • missgaby7
    Options
    My goals for 2013 are to get my AA finally, lose weight and defnitely get to the gym 3x a week.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2013 are to not fail anymore classes, reach my goal weight, and get save up a crap ton of money :smile:
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    -Finish Jillian Michaels Body Revolution
    -Get to my goal weight
    - Live happier and healthier than the last several years!
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    - Hopefully lose 50 lbs by the end of the year
    - Buy our first house
    - Save money for said house above
    - workout at least 4 x's a week, strength train 2 x's a week
    - stick to our budget
    - start college classes again

I'm never good w/ resolutions so i'm w/ everyone in that i'm going to call these GOALS! 13 is my favorite number so my husband and i have decided this will be our best year yet!!
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've not lost (nor gained, thankfully) a single pound in more than 8 months. Granted, I gave up really trying after the first two of those eight. So my goal is to finish what I started. 15 pounds to go. I'm ready!
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    On my 2013 To Do List:

1. get my passport
    2. get my concealed weapons permit
    3. continue current work out schedule (weights/cardio with trainer 3x week, Zumba 4x week, bootcamp 1x week)
    4. pilates 1x a week on Friday nights
    5. nightly stretching routine to help promote better sleep
    6. take my medication as prescribed (I currently take it randomly)
    7. run a 5k (haven't calculated my goal time yet)
    8. loose 30 more pounds (have lost 33 since June; shot up before I went down)