Drinking water like smoking 3 packs a day??

Options
Saw this on TV last night--made me glad I use a wide mouth bottle and not one of those sports top ones!

One Washington-area doctor says drinking bottled water could actually be like smoking three packs of cigarettes a day.

According to D.C. dermatologist Dr. Marilyn Berzin, dozens of women have come in puzzled by lines and wrinkles around their lips. It's a condition termed "smoker's lips" because of the similar pattern of wrinkles found on the faces of long-term, heavy smokers.

But many of the women have never smoked a day in their life. Instead, they're drinking from water bottles.

Read the rest of the story here:

http://www.nbc4.com/health/16261829/detail.html

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Saw this on TV last night--made me glad I use a wide mouth bottle and not one of those sports top ones!

One Washington-area doctor says drinking bottled water could actually be like smoking three packs of cigarettes a day.

According to D.C. dermatologist Dr. Marilyn Berzin, dozens of women have come in puzzled by lines and wrinkles around their lips. It's a condition termed "smoker's lips" because of the similar pattern of wrinkles found on the faces of long-term, heavy smokers.

But many of the women have never smoked a day in their life. Instead, they're drinking from water bottles.

Read the rest of the story here:

http://www.nbc4.com/health/16261829/detail.html
  • annax6293
    annax6293 Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I better stop ! haha :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ok, just gonna open my mouth wide and splash the water in from now on!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I saw that on tv too!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    LOL

Sure, except that it won't give you cancer of the mouth, throat, or lungs :laugh: The article makes some sense, but the subtitle is just about the stupidest thing I've ever read. Drinking water shouldn't be likened to smoking 3 packs a day! We make the same faces when kissing, and adolescent females on MySpace make that face every time they take a picture. The subtitle should say "Doctor likens effects of drinking water from bottles to taking too many kissy faces.":tongue:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Ok, just gonna open my mouth wide and splash the water in from now on!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahahaha...

I think I need to live in a bubble... but what would that bubble be made of??? BPA free plastic?
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Hahahaha...

I think I need to live in a bubble... but what would that bubble be made of??? BPA free plastic?

millions of tiny droplets of water (not from a bottle)