30 pounds down and a GREAT NSV!

Options
In 5 months, at the age of 35, I've reached goal number one -- 30 lbs down! I'm 1/3 of the way to my ultimate goal! What a great New Year's gift to myself! = )

But, the NSV I experienced last night is worth 100 lbs of weight loss. My 10 year old boy is the sweetest, snuggliest thing alive. He always gives me hugs when I get home from work (or the gym - even smelling sweaty and gross) and wants to curl up on the couch for after dinner TV. This had gotten increasingly difficult and uncomfortable for me. His little arms didn't come close to closing around me; his fingers INCHES apart as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

But not last night! Last night he could not only TOUCH his fingers - HE LACED HIS FINGERS TOGETHER!

I've been on cloud 9 ever since. = ) And to get up this morning and finally see those last 3 lbs drop off and put me at my 1/3 mark was just icing on the cake!

Thank you, MFP community, for never failing to motivate me!

Replies

• msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great job, I bet that was the greatest feeling :)
  • trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What a great NSV! Thanks for sharing!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it, and CONGRATULATIONS!
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    How sweet, awesome :)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! What a special NSV!!! Happy New year!!
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!! I know exactly how you feel. My youngest son has been trying to get his arms around my waist for about a year. He's getting closer, much closer than ever but not quite there yet. But I am soo looking forward to reaching this NSV myself. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!