Losing my baby weight 3 years later

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Natalie, and I will be 29 on January 9th. My daughter Nellie is turning 3 on January 20th, and I am finally taking real steps to losing the baby weight (Even though I'm pretty sure it's not baby weight anymore after three years....)

I live in Tennessee. I've been tracking my calories and exercise since 12/17 and have lost 3 pounds so far. I'm not a stranger to losing weight. My weight has fluxuated my entire adult life but I am my heaviest I've ever been at 206 pounds.

I work full-time, and have been married for 7 1/2 years. I love to sing, write, read, watch movies, go online. I write a blog called Mommy Boots (http://mommyboots.com)

Looking forward to meeting some new friends and getting the motivation that I've needed for the past THREE YEARS!

Replies

• Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Welcome! I'll friend you :-)
  • mommyboots
    Options
    I accepted! Congrats on your weight loss - 54 pounds by your ticker! That is amazing!
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    I accepted! Congrats on your weight loss - 54 pounds by your ticker! That is amazing!

Thanks love! I didn't think one day I'd be seeing that number on my ticker :-) I still have a ways to go... but, you will get there too! Super happy for you... 3 pounds to start off is awesome, pretty soon those numbers will add up and you'll be to your goal weight in no time!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a 3 year old son who will be 4 in June, and a daughter who will be 2 in May. I was back at the gym when each of mine was 7 weeks old...mad haha. I lost the weight after my son, but put it all on and more with my daughter. I've now lost 55lbs since my daughter was 7/8 weeks old and am the smallest I've been for a long time.

I'm 35, I live in England and I work part time as a secondary school French teacher. I've been married for 4.5 years, but we've been together nearly 10 years.

Feel free to add me!
  • Keeda
    Keeda Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have baby weight from 8 years ago that I'm trying to get rid of! Sending friend request.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Took me 2 1/2 to get rid of mine, but I didn't keep it off because I didn't stick with exercise. This is a lifetime commitment if you are going to make it a lifestyle change. I'm in maintenance, but around almost every day if you are looking for friends to motivate you.

Good luck on your journey! Great start so far--3 pounds during the holiday season is a wonderful way to begin.
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    lol - it's taken me 23 years to seriously resolve to lose the baby weight. I started on Valentine's Day, and after 10+ months, I'm almost to my goal.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey hun. I just had my 4th baby 6 months ago and I have lost all of my baby weight. Exercise and changing my eating habits. I can actually say that I weigh today what I weighed before I had my first child. You can do it. I know you can. Just keep going, never give up. Workout and eat better. Work at it. It won't take forever just keep working at it.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am on daily and will motivate you if you'd like. Feel free to add me.
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ah Yes the Baby weight. Well I have lost it, had another kid, lost half, had another kid. Now on track to lose it for good.

Good Luck, Keep working and it will all come off!!
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Natalie, and I will be 29 on January 9th. My daughter Nellie is turning 3 on January 20th, and I am finally taking real steps to losing the baby weight (Even though I'm pretty sure it's not baby weight anymore after three years....)

I live in Tennessee. I've been tracking my calories and exercise since 12/17 and have lost 3 pounds so far. I'm not a stranger to losing weight. My weight has fluxuated my entire adult life but I am my heaviest I've ever been at 206 pounds.

I work full-time, and have been married for 7 1/2 years. I love to sing, write, read, watch movies, go online. I write a blog called Mommy Boots (http://mommyboots.com)

Looking forward to meeting some new friends and getting the motivation that I've needed for the past THREE YEARS!

Took me up to 2 years to Decide on losing baby weight...i did it and now i want to lose 11lbs as i have abit of a pouch left over lol
  • Maureen689
    Options
    Kim with you! My daughter is 3 1/2! It's part baby weight, mostly mama weight! Friend request sent :)
  • mommyboots
    Options
    Glad to meet you! Your success is inspiring! Will definitely add you as a friend :)
  • mommyboots
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I have been very active in the past, and have had success dropping weight when I was younger and had no children. I've always fallen out of my old habits. I am hoping this time those habits will stick, and I will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle and not succumb to the temptations of beer and pizza like in the past =P
  • mommyboots
    Options
    56 pounds - definitely inspiring! Congratulations on almost making your goals! So awesome.
  • mommyboots
    Options
    Thank you for the support and congrats on losing so quickly! You must have an iron will :D
  • mommyboots
    Options
    The dreaded pouch! I wonder if mine will ever truly go away.
  • mommyboots
    Options
    Mama weight.. Haha. Nice. I'm stealing that :)
  • ahenley02
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amber and I am 32. I am a mother of two beautiful kids. My son is 7 and my daughter is 3. I have lost weight on and off over the years but never met my goal. I am at my heaviest I have ever been. I have high blood pressure, no energy, and just literally feel like poo all the time. I hope myfitnesspal and the communities will help me to finally meet my weight loss goals.
  • ahenley02
    Options
    I had two c sections and I have also wondered if I did a million crunches will by pooch ever dissappear. :laugh: