Adipex?

Options
Has anyone else been prescribed Adipex? I started it last Friday and I've been getting really good results. I'm interested to know how it's worked for other people and some of the long term effects.

Replies

• HeatherBurke
    Options
    I took it for a couple months and got good results until my body got used to it. Then it didnt supress anything and didn't really have any effect. I started only taking it during the week so that I didnt get too used to it. The weight didn't stay off and it wasnt magical but the first couple days I couldn't eat and couldn't sleep. It was a nice ju,p start though to get used to eating less food.
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I took it for a couple months and got good results until my body got used to it. Then it didnt supress anything and didn't really have any effect. I started only taking it during the week so that I didnt get too used to it. The weight didn't stay off and it wasnt magical but the first couple days I couldn't eat and couldn't sleep. It was a nice ju,p start though to get used to eating less food.

Thanks! I'm getting married in August and I really need something to get me going. I know it's not a permanent solution but I need to lose about 40 lbs so I don't cringe every time I look at my wedding photos.
  • HeatherBurke
    Options

Thanks! I'm getting married in August and I really need something to get me going. I know it's not a permanent solution but I need to lose about 40 lbs so I don't cringe every time I look at my wedding photos.

I don't know about 40 lbs by August with just the Adipex but I would think that maybe with that combined with eating right and exercise you might get close to that. They don't recommend taking it for more than a couple months. A doctor that isn't just trying to get money won't prescribe it for very long because of it's ill effects. Just be careful with it.
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    40 lb by August is doable, even without the Adipex but it is slightly more than the average recommended weight loss of 2 lb per week. If you have April, May, June and July to lose, that's 10lb per month, which would be about 2.5 lb per week. Honestly, that is going to take some hardcore dedication. But still totally doable!!!

I just made myself a calendar, printed a blank one from the net. I made a countdown starting tomorrow of the number of days I have until my surgery in June and my husband coming home on R&R in July. Actually seeing that I only have 96 days left to get into shape before he comes home and 52 days until my surgery, after which I will be limited for a bit on working out, was a REAL kick in the behind. Maybe you should try that? Seeing that number get smaller everyday is def going to help me crush tempations and motivate me to work out, lol. I have been telling myself for a month, I'll get more serious about it tomorrow, after I go to bed early, get a meal plan worked out, whatever. Well tomorrow is here for me!!!! There's no way I will reach my original goal now, but you really have a shot at yours!

My doc (who SO is not in medicine for the money) said I could use it for a few months if I wanted to, but just to give me a boost in losing the weight I need/want to. It's a short term fix, possible even a pacifier of sorts, but if you go into it knowing it is going to take more than meds and that it's not a long term fix...it should be ok? I'm too chicken to try something like that, but if you know the risks and you're comfortable with it, it's your choice.