Any other Steel City Girls out there?!

Options
Hi, everyone!

I'm starting my "New Year's resolution" a little early this year. I've decided that it's time I started believing in myself - accept the fact that I really AM able to lose the weight that I want to lose. I've heard the verse "with Christ, all things are possible" my whole life, but never really applied it to simple, everyday things like trying to get healthy...just the "big things". But isn't the choice to get in shape a "big thing", too?

This past year or so has been very, very difficult on my husband and me (we had 3 miscarriages, I lost my job, and his father had a stroke), and, in addition to losing weight, I'm also trying to develop a more patient and forgiving attitude as I learn to walk out the Serenity Prayer ("Lord help me accept the things I cannot change...").

Anyway, I am looking for some female friends in the Pittsburgh area, maybe in their late 20s or early 30s, preferably Christians (so we can encourage each others' faith as well) who are looking to lose more than 20 pounds. If that's you, please send me a friend request and we can chat!

Best wishes for the new year!

Rebecca (TheVoiceOfGodlove)

Replies

• sroseroth
    Options
    I'm in the Philadelphia area.. originally from Pittsburgh, though! I miss it sometimes. :] You guys are getting a lot more snow than us right now, so on days like these, I am glad I'm on the other side of the state. heheh.
  • TheVoiceOfGodlove
    TheVoiceOfGodlove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :-P Hey, the weather isn't the best, but I can't complain...I've lived here all my life and this is the first "White Christmas" I can remember is a really long time. Bonus: my hubby had my snow tires put on yesterday. I am UNSTOPPABLE!
  • taurusgal29
    Options
    Me!!! I'm in Pittsburgh...I definitely need some support:) I'd like to drop 50 pounds (at least) by the end of 2013. Another goal is to complete the half-marathon in May with a much better time than last year. I found that training for the marathon was a great motivation. However, I gained back all the weight I lost and then some. Time to get back on track!!!!
    Sarah
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    How about a Christian that just moved from Pittsburgh? Just moved from Monroeville to Eastern,PA to be closer to family (after a rough year). Feel free to add me...
  • lnsy613
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm a Christian living on the west side of Pittsburgh...