question for the ladies...

Options
OK, i'm really bored at work and this has really been bugging me.. sooooo.. do any of you ladies have.. let's see how to word this... dark skin behind your thighs (under your butt)... i guess it's due to me not knowing how to shave when i was younger... got a bit of scarring.. if you have/had it... what have you taken to lighten up the area?

Replies

• jdsmom0104
    Options
    BUMP
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I dont have darker skin in that area but I do have it between my thighs from years of them rubbing together. I'd be interested if anyone else had this and found a way of diminishing that look. I've tried creams and lotions but nothing's worked so far.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I just figured it was there naturally. It's never bothered me.

My husband has never said, "Oh wait a second. After further inspection, I think there might be something wrong with you."
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

My husband has never said, "Oh wait a second. After further inspection, I think there might be something wrong with you."

Lol, but oh so true.

Any guy that starts nitpicking when faced with a naked lady deserves a swift kick outta the bedroom.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options

lol, no one's ever pointed it out to me... its something i'm a bit conscience about.. esp when i'm gonna be wearing my booty shorts this summer :laugh:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Well...ehm.... Mine is way up "in there" so I don't think wearing booty shorts would expose it.

Even if yours is exposed, I doubt anybody's going to be paying close attention, unless you directly point it out to them.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It's acanthosis nigricans - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthosis_nigricans - that I have. Under my belly and upper, inner thighs are extremely dark colored. What I've heard is that it's supposed to "fade with time" once you clear up whatever is causing it. Mine has been with me since I was a kid. I remember asking my mom why my thighs were so dark. I'm crossing my fingers that as the weight goes, so will the dark coloration.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    Well...ehm.... Mine is way up "in there" so I don't think wearing booty shorts would expose it.

Even if yours is exposed, I doubt anybody's going to be paying close attention, unless you directly point it out to them.

lol, thanks. i guess since i know it's there, it kinda "shines" to me... :grumble: