Any advice for not over indulging in tonight's festivities?

Options
I'm going out tonight to celebrate the New Year, but I don't want to over do it and blow my week, any advice?

Replies

• Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Log everything before you eat it :)
    Enjoy yourself!
  • tyylerr
    Options
    Going out with a huge group to party it up tonight too. From my normal bar hopping experience, I'd recommend:

1) Have a good meal before you go out so you're not tempted to nosh on high calorie foods while you're out. Lean meat and lots of green leafy vegetables should be part of the mix. The food in your stomach will also help slow down the digestion and absorption of alcohol into your blood stream for staying power.

2) While out, drink lots of water. The rule of thumb is a glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have. If you can make it a 2:1 ratio, even better. This keeps you hydrated and eases work for your liver which has to process all the alcohol and is also responsible for regulating your normal metabolism. Additionally water cuts down on the chances of a hangover next day. And from a wallet perspective, the more you're drinking water, it's likely you'll be spending a little less on all that booze.

3) Stick to low calorie drinks if possible. Light beer, wine, vodka/rum/whiskey with tonic or diet soda mixers. (Yeah, diet sodas have chemicals but it's a one-night trade off for high sugar sodas.) And of course there's always shots, but in my opinion, I'd rather nurse a light beer for a while then be forced to do a 2 second drink for the same effect.

4) Burn some calories while your out - tear up that dance floor and have a good time! And of course there are other ways to burn calories so be sure to find someone for that midnight kiss, but that's another topic.

Happy New Year!
  • cindywomack1
    cindywomack1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water!

Eat high fiber foods before you go out - they will help keep you full longer and less likely to consume empty calories.

water, water, water.

oh, water!

Happy New Year