Do You Log EVERYTHING?

snookeroo
snookeroo Posts: 2,002 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I always log my regular exercise, i.e. fitness walking.
But I don't log activities such as when I walk the dog or mow the lawn, house work, ect

I was wondering what others do?

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    I only log exercise. I don't log anything inside my normal realm of day to day activities.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    i log somethings.....not housework, etc.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    I do not log walking my dogs anymore. Seems pointless. I wore my Garmin with HR Monitor, and it barely moved from a resting heart rate, so figure, why bother?

mary
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    I don't log daily activities. I figure MFP already took into account those calories burned when I put my information in. I just log my workouts.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I only log exercise or anything that is out of the norm. For example taking the dog on an hour walk is out of the norm, but a 10 minute one would be something that happens every day.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    I only log things that are above my normal activity. For example, I wouldn't log normal yardwork or housework, however if I spend half the day digging out the garden or cleaning the carpets where I move the all the furniture I would log it.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    i don't log anything that's not conscience exercise since i consider these to be part of my daily routine.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    I see people who log EVERYTHING...including the 1 minute they spend going up and down the stairs in their home each day...
    But, like most of the other posters in this thread, I only log my actual workouts, not stuff that I have to do to function day to day unless it's out of the ordinary like particularly laborious cleaning and yard work or things of that nature.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    i log housecleaning - it even gives you moderate or light or difficult cleaning - i mean, seriously, i SWEAT when i clean my house - laundry, stairs , sweep, mop, dishes, dust, more laundry, more stairs - that burns calories man!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    I don't log stuff I do everyday. I do log cleaning because I do that once a week TOPS
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    I only log my workouts. I figured the rest of the stuff makes up my BMR.
  • lynzt16
    lynzt16 Posts: 48
    I only log my dog walking when it is at least a substantial time. Most of the walks i do with my dog are more than an hour and at a quick pace because she is a hyperactive dog and needs the exercise, so when i do more than an hour, i do log it, but i dont log housework.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    I do log extra stuff if it is significatn. i.e. If I shovel snow or dig in the garden...if I know I am going to be working my butt off for over 30 minutes, I put on my HRM and then subtract my resting heart rate calories from the total. Usually these tasks have me outside for over an hour so I consider it excercise that is above and beyond my normal.

D
  • ShottaB
    ShottaB Posts: 29
    I only log actual exercise. That other stuff is mostly accounted for in your necessary calories.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    I do log in housecleaning because I burn 300 calories in1.5 hours. This is once a week cleaning.
  • Weste
    Weste Posts: 17 Member
    If I'm out of calories and I am still hungry, I may log some activities. LOL Usually I am more critical of logging my calorie intake then my calorie expenditure. I figure a few extra calories burnt that are unaccounted for are better otherwise I tend to consume all my calories.
  • MysterriGal
    MysterriGal Posts: 52 Member
    I log any "real exercise", the stuff where I'm making an effort to exercise. Also if I've had an overly active day I'll log something for it (I work in fast food, some days when were down several people and I literally run) But I don't log it to the minute. crazy 8 hour shift of running= 90 minutes of light cleaning(from the data base) I figure that small amount shows the extra calories burned without taking from the ones accounted for in normal daily activity.
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    I have my setting set really low since I am a stay at home mom. So I do log my cleaning if its over 30 minutes and walking to the park or walking the mall since especially with those I carry my 20 pound infant in a carrier so I burn a lot of extra calories.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    I do log everything, calories eaten and exercise. Every little bit helps on some days.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    I log everything, even going to the store and walking around for groceries. If you put in walking under exercise it even gives you an option for walking the dog. As far as food goes as you can see in my diary I even put the shot of Strawberry Vodka I had in the other day lol
This discussion has been closed.