Need help determining the calories in something!!!

Options
jenjen84
jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
I went to rainforest cafe and they do not have nutritional information (so annoying) so I think I did good getting a blt turkey wrap. Shredded turkey, tomato, lettuce, bacon and a flour tortilla, I am estimating around 400, what does everyone think? Too high?? Too low?? Just right?? Thanks in advance for any input!!

Replies

• mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on a few things...especially the size of the tortilla and how much bacon was used.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    How big was the tortilla, about? How many ounces of turkey, about? How much bacon? I would enter each item seperately, or try to find a similar menu item from another restaraunt in the database. (i.e. I choose a similar meal from Chili's when I eat at a local restaraunt, etc.)
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    go with your 400.....sounds good :)
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Also, was there any dressing like mayo on it?
    Tortillas tend to be a bit high in calories - the ones I see are usually 200 or so for a nice big burrito sized shell

I'd just look up each ingredient individually, approximate the amount in the tortilla and then input all of them into lunch
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    if you can guess-timate the amount of stuff in your tortilla, then try using http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/home.asp to work out the calories :smile:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I would say your under with the 400 calorie count. It is probably one of the better choices on the menu though.
    Is this what you got?
    Rumble in the Jungle Turkey Wrap
    (Shaved turkey breast, Roma tomatoes, crisp bacon and Romaine lettuce tossed with Caesar dressign, wrapped in a tasty flour tortilla and seved with cole slaw)

Avg from Calorie count
    6" tortilla 150 ( I doubt it was this small)
    12" tortilla 370

Depending on the calorie count of the ceasar dressing, homemade or brand name etc.
    Ceasar dressing ranges from 50-100 calories for 1tbls
    Unfortunately with all that stuff on there, they didn't just put 1 tblsp of dressing probably put 4 tbsp's of dressing.

Edit: Next time you decide to order something like this. Ask for the dressing on the side, and you can add it to the wrap as you want..
  • SeoulSilkie
    Options
    I agree, I think it's on the low side. Depending on the tortilla size - a 12" is around 310 calories. I work at a dining hall, so I saw the calorie stats of that. I would guess minimally 600-something considering the bacon and turkey. Dressing/sauces factor in too...
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The site I looked at had one listed from Ruby Tuesday on a whole wheat tortilla with no bacon and it was 255 calories.
  • jenjen84
    Options
    That is what I got but I did not use the dressing at all!!!
  • jenjen84
    Options
    No mayo, no dressing and no cole slaw!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    all the wraps that I see are usually in the 600-1000 calorie zone (if you eat both servings lol - stupid half a wrap serving crap)

its usually the dressing that kills them just like in salads....and the tortilla usually more than makes up for the savings from all the croutons/fried things they usually in clude in the salad.

edit: just saw you had no dressing/mayo, so I'd say you were definitely more on the 600 side.