HRM suggestions please!

Options
I would like to get a HRM to record the amount of calories I burn doing the Turbofire workout. I don't need any fancy features and I'd like it to be affordable ( under $100 ). I really don't know anything about HRM so any info would be appreciated! :)
Thanks!

Replies

• coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 and love it. I got it from www.bodytronics.com. It was pretty affordable.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    You'll see alot of people suggest Polar, but check out the threads cause it's usually Polar users who have issues too. I had a Polar for 4yrs and it was great when it worked. It would cut out while running or when I did Insanity. Switched to Garmin 2mo. ago and LOVE it!! Never have a issue while doing TurboFire. The Garmin FR60 & FR70 are both non-gps and should be under $100 either through amazon or a site like heartratemonitorsusa.com.

Hubby has a timex one he loves too and has never had issues.

Good luck on your search!
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I got the New Balance for women HRM with the chest strap. The smaller strap made it more comfortable than the unisex one I had. It does the basics, heart rate, time, and calorie burn. $70. Works for me.
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I use the POLAR FT 40 and it's great. Got it for less than a hundred (80, I think) on ebay.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just used my polar ft4 today for the first time. I like it so far. I have seen negative and positive reviews on this product. Bought for 59.99 at heartratemonitors.com. I tested it against my manual count for my heart beat, it was accurate. Even if it lasts for a year, I would have gotten my money's worth as I work out 6 days/week and will be using it for those days.
  • ashsec
    ashsec Posts: 16
    Options
    Hmm I'll be sure to check out the garmins too!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've had the Polar FT4 for several months now and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I think you can find them for about $60 online. It was very easy to set up and it's really easy to use. The only problem I've had is when I'm swimming.