Confessional

Options
Hi All - I am reading a book called Transformation, that discusses the inner changes that need to occur in order for outer transformation to occur. One of the chapters discusses how we hold on to secrets, embarrassing moments, and regrets, and we hold them on a cellular level, and they can subconciously hold us back from reaching our goals.
I realize I have some internal work to do, and wanted to open up a "confessional" a safe place to dump the baggage, as it were, in order to move forward in 2013. Please join me, big or small, dump it all!

Replies

• JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I confess that even with all the weight i've lost I still look in the mirror and see a fat,ugly person. I hate that feeling and I plan on working on changing this come the new year. I also confess I haven't been drinking water like I should and I have been drinking diet soda which I gave up completely a year ago. That is also going to change.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll go:
    1. When I was in my 20s I had two supervisor positions where I was in way over my head. I made so many mistakes I regret. I wish I had operated with more humility and maturity, instead of acting like such an *kitten*. Most embarrassing moment- repeatedly calling an employee by the wrong name in front of a group of people. Most assigning moment, inviting associates into the office for a mini party. I am not kidding, I had no idea how to behave professionally!
    2. I feel like a fraud getting my masters degree. I phoned it in most of the time, and still don't feel like I deserve it
    3. I don't like playing with my kids. I love talking and reading with them, etc, but spending all day on the floor with them bores me to tears. I have lost the ability to play
    4. I hate my stupid profile picture I think I look mean and sarcastic, but I don't have any other photos because I avoid the camera lol
  • stephanj
    Options
    I confess that even with all the weight i've lost I still look in the mirror and see a fat,ugly person. I hate that feeling and I plan on working on changing this come the new year. I also confess I haven't been drinking water like I should and I have been drinking diet soda which I gave up completely a year ago. That is also going to change.

Omigod me too!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll go first:
    1. When I was in my 20s I had two supervisor positions where I was in way over my head. I made so many mistakes I regret. I wish I had operated with more humility and maturity, instead of acting like such an *kitten*. Most embarrassing moment- repeatedly calling an employee by the wrong name in front of a group of people. Most assigning moment, inviting associates into the office for a mini party. I am not kidding, I had no idea how to behave professionally!
    2. I feel like a fraud getting my masters degree. I phoned it in most of the time, and still don't feel like I deserve it

WOW.... are we related?!?!?! These are two of mine too....ETR incriminating information :embarassed:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    This is great! I confess that I have not upped my water intake as much as I should, I have too many diet sodas, I have not been working out, and I also want to loose weight for the wrong reason, I want to look hot that is all I just want a smokin' hot body LOL!!! The health is just a very nice side effect!! :blushing:
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sorry ,my confessions are private.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I know i am losing weight, (clothes getting looser and number on scale going down) I still look in the mirror everyday to find something wrong with me to hate my fat self. I confess that I will do whatever it is to make my weight loss goals that I set for myself no matter what it takes. I adimit that I am a little obsessive with this weight loss.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I confess after raising my son and my handicapped daughter (who is still in diapers at age 19), I no longer like children or babies and am terrified of the day that I becomes a grandma and they ask me to babysit.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I had successfully cut out desserts for weekdays, with just a treat or two on the weekend. Then my boyfriend started cutting out sugar for health reasons, and for some reason, I just fell off the wagon. Like not eating added sugar was my thing, and since he was doing it, too, there was no reason for me to keep eating healthier. Plus, I was kind of freaked out at how much of a sugar high I could get from the smallest treat after many weeks of barely having any added sugar. I still haven't gotten back on the wagon.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Ok I'll go first:

WOW.... are we related?!?!?! These are two of mine too....ETR incriminating information :embarassed:

Lol ok this is officially the best thing I did in 2012 :-)
  • Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry ,my confessions are private.

Then why post in this thread?
  • Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I confess that I don't really believe I'll achieve my weight loss goal. I have never stayed with a weighy loss program long enough to see a change & for some reason, I am terrified that I have lost almost 20 pounds. I am very successful at all other aspects of my life & don't understand why I'm afraid of being successful here.
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem of some people. I've been thin for most of my life, and even when my jeans stop fitting, when the Me-ality body scanner machine tells me I'm a size 10, when I see the scale hit higher and higher numbers, I still think I'm thin. It's not a positive mindset though--It keeps me from getting really serious about losing weight. I tell myself the scale is broken, the jeans shrunk, the me-ality machine is stupid.

But really I just want to pretend I'm still thin so I don't have to face that I have a lot of work to do.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I love Confession. I'm Catholic. Confession is my absolutely favorite part of my faith. Free therapy!!!

That said, there isn't really anything left for me to unload. I get it out once a month. :P

But I suppose if I had to choose one thing it would be that I feel pretty worthless a lot of the time. I fight it and I'm working on it but I struggle with a low self esteem. It's up, it's down, it's all around... I'm confidence bi-polar. :P
  • MeMeg10
    MeMeg10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1. I regret that everyday of my life since about age 10, I have thought about my weight (despite not always having a weight problem)
    2. I confess that food makes me feel better and at 35 years old I still have trouble finding a substitute, which in turn makes me feel pathetic
    3. I am scared that I won't reach my goals and I will battle this my whole life
    4. My work stresses me to no end and I would do anything to find something I am passionate about
    5. I confess that since having kids, I am not sure who I am anymore and would like to get that back (and sometimes I resent them even though it has nothing to do with them)

Ugh...now how do we feel better?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

3. I don't like playing with my kids. I love talking and reading with them, etc, but spending all day on the floor with them bores me to tears. I have lost the ability to play

This is not as awful you think it is. Many parents have a difficult time working up the day in, day out enthusiasm for basic, young child play with kids. How often can an adult move colored blocks around without feeling like they are going to lose their mind? That makes you a mentally active adult, not a bad mom.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this idea, though I think I will do it in a PM to the OP later this evening when I have more time to put effort into this. :)
  • ashvegas99
    Options
    I confess:
    1.) That I am having a hard time making better food choices. As much as I love fruits and veggies, it drives me crazy eating it all of the time and I try to make time to splurge some.
    2. I am scared of being alone and of people abandoning me for some odd reason. When my husband leaves to go overseas for business, I am a mess and start crying like a baby.
    3.I am scared that I will never lose this weight and get bigger and bigger.
    4. I am scared of having health problems from being too overweight.
    5. I hate my body and call myself mean names, such as "fat" and "lardass"
    6. I was once at a healthy weight, but depression took a toll on me and I gained 70 lbs.
    7. I haven't been so intent on tracking my food as I should be. In fact, I didn't log on for three days during the holidays. I guess I am scared to see how badly I done.

I guess that is all.