MENTAL BLOCK.

Options
How did you all make it over that mental block knowing that you wanted to lose weight and did it.
my body can do anything I want it to.
Its my mind that can't wrap around that I can do anything I want to.
please give me some tips on how to self movitvate myself and keep to losing weight and staying healthy.
I don't want to ever feel bad about myself!

Replies

• dee_bee
    Options
    It is hard. Something in me just clicked. I posted on Facebook about the sureslim diet, and then I had someone message me and tell me about MFP and she helped me for my first couple of months. I've never looked back now, and as of this morning I have lost 22kg | 49lb. That is in 16 weeks. I have a lot to lose which is why it's coming off quickly.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to lose weight for years but could never make myself do it. I am not sure what happened but I got so tired of being fat. I was not comfortable in my own skin anymore. So I started a shake supplement. It didn't work but one of the women on the shakes website suggested MFP. I joined about 5 months ago and I am down 19 pounds. I am so stinking proud of myself.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Probably all you need to do is some training to tighten up what you already have. You'll love it, there are people at the gym to talk to! Get a trainer and do some weight lifting. You'll have the body you always wanted.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Someone told me one day that I had to want it for me or it would never work. They were right. I tried for years to lose weight and was doing it for all the wrong reasons. I finally decided that I was losing weight because "I" was unhappy, "I" was uncomfortable, "I" couldn't fit my size 5 jeans anymore, and "I" wanted to.

Find the passion to be healthier and feel better within yourself. You can do it!!!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My mind still thinks I can't. I do it anyway. Then afterwards my mind realizes that if I did it, I must be capable. My body constantly surprises my mind. It would probably be easier if I thought I could because I wouldn't have the fear, but I push through it anyway.
  • samanjotha
    Options
    that's wonderful~
  • samanjotha
    Options
    thank you so much everyone!!!! congrats on your stories as well so proud!
  • Queendom
    Queendom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    First step to changing the rest of your days on your journey is to CHANGE your mind. The rest of you will follow. At some moments and points there will be kicking and screaming but the body will follow. The brain tells the body what to do and not the other way around!! HHmmm... So guess what...Tell that body your MIND has CHANGED and there is no going back to who you used to be. Talk to the new you in the mirror everyday and let her know you cannot wait to meet her.
    YOU CAN DO IT :-) !!
  • thewalrusisfree
    Options
    I keep hitting this mental block when i get right under 200 lbs. Somehow i can go from 225 to 200 without even thinking about it really - i mean i put in effort, lots of it but it doesn't really phase me.

As soon as i start seeing things starting with a "1" i freak out a little and feel like that's not "me"

Watching biggest loser for the first time this year made me realize a lot of weight loss is mental and it keeps irking me that i get stuck here. It happened last November and then i gained it all back. I started again in January and am at 198 now but feel that shadow coming in saying - "Julie you are a fat girl and do not belong under 200 lbs"

any ideas on how to get past it? things to read/watch?
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    In my experience, starting is the hardest part. Committing to counting calories and being responsible for what I put in my mouth. I resisted and resisted even tho' I knew I needed to do it. Then I came across this website by happy accident.

But doing it is pretty easy-- starting is the hard part. I wish I could tell you what it is that kicks you in the butt and makes you finally do it.... Picture a goal. Know that it is attainable. So many others here have done it. You can too! All you have to do is start.

Log your food for one day-- commit to it. One day at a time.