New Year

Options
Tomorrow is a new year and new beginnings. Last year I did not set out to lose 50 lbs but I did :) it wasn't til late March that I got that dreaded wake up call with blood work coming back saying I am prediabetic and had a choice to make,,pills or lose weight and of course being me I said lose weight. So this coming year I am going to only say I am going to keep these 50 off and with prayers and hard work and encouragement I hope to lose more. So with that in mind I am going to reset all my goals here and measurements and weight log so that it will only show the new years goals and losses. So come Jan 2 it will show 0 lbs lost but thats ok because it will push me more :) So anyone else going to do this?

Replies

• Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was considering doing this, because a part of me thinks that having that "56 lb lost" ticker makes me complacent. It took me from March to Christmas to lose that 56 lb but I know I'm not as strict with myself as I once was, because I tell myself "it's okay, you've lost 56 lb, that's great, go ahead, have that treat, you deserve it." :blushing:
    I also think I might work harder to get that ticker moving! I busted my butt to get those numbers going when I started, maybe having it back at zero will give me more incentive? I only have 28 lb more to lose, I guess I'd see more progress with the ticker moving more with each pound when I did when I had 84 lb to lose!
    I also know that the 56 lb is behind me, I want to leave it in 2012 where it belongs, it sure as hell ain't coming back!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my ticker as is because I haven't been at this for a full year yet. I will reset it when I've been at this for a full calendar year that way I can see how far I have come. Hoping that I won't HAVE to reset it though and it'll just show what I lost :)
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I did this just before Christmas hoping it would help me stay on track, even if it was just marginally. So far I have managed not to gain, and even keep an additional lb off. I think it's great and so far is doing the trick, even if it's just a mental thing - I don't like seeing 0 so I am trying to push and make that number stronger
  • mcrae006
    mcrae006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am starting over.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!