Anyone using Almased Shakes for weight loss?

Options
I decided to try the Almased shake and was wondering if anyone out there is also on this weight loss plan and if you've been successful in losing weight. I decided to try it because it doesn't contain any artificial ingredients like sucralose. I just had my first shake and find that it doesn't taste bad although the texture is kind of chalky even though I made it in the blender. My next shake I'll mix with almond milk instead of water and see if that makes a better textured drink.

So how do you all feel about this plan?

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    just read about the shake, sounds interesting. are you using it to replace 1 meal a day?
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    I decided to try the Almased shake and was wondering if anyone out there is also on this weight loss plan and if you've been successful in losing weight. I decided to try it because it doesn't contain any artificial ingredients like sucralose. I just had my first shake and find that it doesn't taste bad although the texture is kind of chalky even though I made it in the blender. My next shake I'll mix with almond milk instead of water and see if that makes a better textured drink.

So how do you all feel about this plan?

no...u can try it ... if any +ve results occur then u must share it with us:)

read here more abt it http://www.almased.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2895&mpage=1&print=true
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    After one day and two shakes I'm down 3.1 lbs. That's unbelievable to me since it took me six weeks to lose 3 lbs. on Weight Watchers. I do have a slight headache though (low sugar?) probably.
  • rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was on the the Herbailfe diet shakes and the Just my size diet shake drinks.Very good tastings and I did lose tons of wight but once you stop drinking them or cut back on them as fast as you lose weight you will gain every bit back plus some.My opinion is to eat real foods the right ones and the right amount and you will be happier then the diet drinks.I notice after I am done working out I do drink a protein drink call whey,that does curb your appetite you eat less for lunch .:smile:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If your doctor says it's okay, go ahead and try it, but I personally think it sounds like a waste of money. There's also this, which makes the company look pretty sketchy: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm289570.htm
  • nikilis
    Options
    After one day and two shakes I'm down 3.1 lbs. That's unbelievable to me since it took me six weeks to lose 3 lbs. on Weight Watchers. I do have a slight headache though (low sugar?) probably.

3lb in 6 weeks is very sustainable and a lot of people here are loosing about that a week. once you gain it back, you can use MFP to do it in a sustainable way.

its unbelievable because its too good to be true.

this is my favourite picture right now

girl-and-a-laughing-dog.jpg
  • Strive2BLean
    Options
    I'm using it to replace 2 meals a day and have lost 4.6 lbs in 2 days. I think I'll continue using it at least until I use up the three containers I purchased. Then go back to eating real food (unprocessed) in limited quantities because the shake is quite expensive.
  • nikilis
    Options
    be interested to see how the results pan out :)
  • Strive2BLean
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I was at a plateau for more than 6 months even though I was eating properly and exercising. Out of frustration I actually gained weight after throwing in the towel for about 2 months. I just wanted to try the shake for two weeks to see if it would start up weight loss again. So far I have lost 5.5 Lbs in three days which is a miracle for me and I'm not even exercising. It's too expensive for me to do on a long term basis. I will be careful not to gain it back after going back to eating healthy.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've used this in the past...love it! i just ordered two more cans tuesday...started on wednesday.... and friday morning lost 8 pounds. I did exercise....
  • closermotion
    closermotion Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've used Almased in the past as a supplement/meal replacer during school when I have been too busy to cook. I am no nutrition or food chemistry expert but it seems to be a decently reputable product and I find it very satiating. I just received my new order of three cans and intend to try the three-step plan that they advocate. Time for New Years resolutions! I'll post my updates.
  • mooowi
    mooowi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "After one day and two shakes I'm down 3.1 lbs. That's unbelievable to me since it took me six weeks to lose 3 lbs. on Weight Watchers. I do have a slight headache though (low sugar?) probably."

Whenever you have weight loss like this when you change up your diet its almost always just water weight. Its like with the low carb diet the first 10 pound of weight loss on it is just water weight from eating low carb not actual fat loss.

When I was in highschool I dumped 20 pounds in 4 days eating low carb to make weight for wrestling lol.
  • mooowi
    Options
    I point this out because when you go on a normal diet that initial water purge will come right back. Don't get frustrated when that happens and think your gaining weight.

You can lose weight doing a diet like this but don't think those first day pounds are real. Don't count them.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The only reason any of these things work is because you're on a very low calorie diet by replacing meals with shakes. You lose a lot of water weight quickly in the beginning and they teach you nothing about eating properly. Total waste of money.
  • mooowi
    Options
    Its still about calories in calories out just don't get fooled by the water weight loss. I just know how it works really well from making weight wrestling in highschool. You can lose weight without losing anything but water. Anyone who has to make weight in sports knows these things.
  • JillyInDaCity
    JillyInDaCity Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started today!