What time of the day do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to wake up with enough time to exercise and shower then get to work without being late. I like to take my time and not be rushed, in order to not be rushed I'd have to wake up at around 4am and I'd already be dead tired by 10. Working out after getting off of work has always been better for me and if anything it helps be sleep much much better.

But it's going to be different from person to person. You'll have to try it either way for a day or too to see which works better for you. If working out wakes you up then maybe morning is better.
  • trancenhouse
    trancenhouse Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Usually in the evening.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings after a light breakfast. It makes me feel great after, more awake than before I work out. If I really don't have time or am too tired to wake up early, I'll do it after work. But 95% of the time I do in the mornings.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:30am each morning. Workout starts between 5-5:30am depending on if I prepped lunch/snacks the night before. Might take some time getting used to being up that early and you'll be tired more than likely earlier than normal. But it's worth.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I work full time I have to be at work at 8:30 and 4 kids that have to be off to school. I workout 6 days a week starting at 5am I have plenty of energy threw the day sometimes I take a walk on my lunch break. I have a home gym which helps, cause I probably would not if I did not have a home gym. I tried working out at night but I would get so tired from my day of work and kids I would miss days. I had no problem sleeping working out at night cause I was so tired from my day. Another thing that helps me my co worker comes to my house every morning and we workout together. To keep up your energy you have to eat right and even take supplements help. alot.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I personally do suffer that unfortunately.

If I work out pass 6:00 PM, I will be energized to about 12:00 AM. I learned this when I initially began my workouts. I have to exercise in the morning or mid-afternoon. Plus, I learned that working out in the morning gives me loads of energy that I didn't use to have. So, I love it.

Good luck with figuring out what works best for you.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i used to work out early am but now I work out in the evening..7:30/8 and it works much better for me! I work almost 50 hours a week and my commutes vary..i usually come home/make dinner/get kids ready for bed then head to the gym...plus at that time the gym is much quieter and i have my pick of equipment which is always nice!
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have crazy hours. I sleep at about 5 AM and wake up at around 1 PM or 2 PM so I get to the gym at about 3:30 to 4:00 PM. I spend about 2 to 3 hours there come home and start work at 9 PM. I try to do this everyday but I have lazy days too sometimes :bigsmile:
  • wowhb30
    wowhb30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Morning person for sure as well. I also work 40+ hours a week and have a 45 minute drive to work but it feels so much better being at the gym at 5 am than trying to scramble to fit it in the schedule of getting home, unwinding from work, eat dinner, and make room for the gym. Plus, the gym is usually much less busy in the morning so there's no need to wait for any equipment/machine.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    4:30 am during the week. 8:30/9:00 on weekends.
  • PinkRhythm428
    PinkRhythm428 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the individual. You could try each and see what works for you. My kids don't really let my do much of anything in the day without standing directly behind my rowing machine or wanting to be held so I exercise right after I put them to bed at 8 PM. I don't usually sleep until midnight so I still have a while to settle down afterwards. When my classes start up again that will also be the time I read the coursework. I just bring it up on my computer and read through it as I work out, which keeps my body and mind busy but doesn't let me focus so much on time. You really just have to find what works for you.
  • salstar73
    salstar73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am and walk, around 5 days per week. On these days I have so much more energy for work and my family, plus my concentration levels are definitely improved in comparison to non-walking days. My life is too hectic at night to exercise again, plus I have to be in bed by 9.30pm. After fulltime work and two toddlers, it doesn't leave much time for anything else!!
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm a late evening exerciser and find it helps my sleep. By the time i've showered, eaten and brushed my teeth I'm practically asleep standing up after a long day at work
  • amberkkelley
    amberkkelley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also a 40+ hr per week person and have found that 4:30 AM works the best for me. It wakes me up and I am pretty energized throughtout the day, but I crash out by 9pm each night.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I work out in the morning and find it gives me more energy for the day. I tried working out in the evening but, for me, the myth was true and I had trouble getting to sleep.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I mostly work out during evenings, especially during weekdays (during weekends I work out in the afternoon).
    I have no problem with that. Well... if I do very intense workouts, I try to do it 2-3 hours before sleeping (it also helps cause I do not night-hunger after that :laugh: ). If I do less intense stuff, like yoga or pillates... I can even do it right before sleeping; and it helps me sleep better, as I am more relaxed.

I am not a morning person and I also like to have nice relaxing mornings, not active ones.

40 hours job, master studies and 1 hour commuting to each of three place (home, uni, work).
    I will always preffer working at 10 pm, than 4 am.
  • Larela
    Larela Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    google for exercises you can do during your drive. Obviously they will be limited ... but I work my tummy while I'm driving. It's better than letting it lay there doing nothing and nobody can see if they pull up along side me. After all ... don't want to look weird! ha

Your not going to believe this but I once saw a guy doing bicep curls at a stop light. Where there's a will, there is a way!
  • MarthaLoraine
    MarthaLoraine Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I tried last semester to workout at night but between work and going to school full time i was gone over 12 hours a day and fell asleep as soon as i got home.
    Working out in the morning seems to be the best.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I generally go and work out right after work (4:30pm.) That way I have no excuse not to go, and I can go on with my day afterwards.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can. Usually afternoon between 1-3 (after school/before work)