Which is more painful?

Options

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'll never experience either but I'll have to go with childbirth, just for the length of it. Some women are in labour for 36 hours, who's getting kicked in the nuts for 36 hours straight?
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I say getting kicked in the nuts. Even just talking about it hurts...
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've met many women who want more children but I've never seen a man who wanted to be kicked in the balls more often.
    Guess if you really wanted to find out you could ask a hermaphrodite.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I can't say for sure, but from how childbirth has been described i'd probably go with that.

I've taken some nasty kicks, and they can be pretty bad, but it's not as much pain as other things. If you got knocked really good, your wind gets knocked out. Your stomach hurts something terrible; the pain isn't necessarily in your crotch. It always seemed to me that getting kicked is kind of a dull, take your breath away pain.

Childbirth, meanwhile, looks like it's a sharper pain. Though of course i could never tell for sure. I imagine it as how it feels when you're pooping when you REALLY had to poo, and you get that kinda sharp pain in your butt/stomach. Like REALLY had to poo.
    Someone once described it in front of me as feeling like someone is wringing out your insides like a washcloth and that was a pretty good description of what I felt.

To me, contractions were extremely uncomfortable, but I wouldn't call it PAIN. It's just that mine STARTED at two minutes apart and five of the six hours I was in labor (I know -- short) was transition, which is the most intense part of labor.

The actual pushing part didn't hurt at all. When the contractions started. I pushed through them and didn't feel them at all. And the process of the baby actually coming out felt a lot like having sex. I can't speak for anyone else, but that was my experience and I've known a few other women who would say the same.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I can't say for sure, but from how childbirth has been described i'd probably go with that.

I've taken some nasty kicks, and they can be pretty bad, but it's not as much pain as other things. If you got knocked really good, your wind gets knocked out. Your stomach hurts something terrible; the pain isn't necessarily in your crotch. It always seemed to me that getting kicked is kind of a dull, take your breath away pain.

Childbirth, meanwhile, looks like it's a sharper pain. Though of course i could never tell for sure. I imagine it as how it feels when you're pooping when you REALLY had to poo, and you get that kinda sharp pain in your butt/stomach. Like REALLY had to poo.
    Someone once described it in front of me as feeling like someone is wringing out your insides like a washcloth and that was a pretty good description of what I felt.

To me, contractions were extremely uncomfortable, but I wouldn't call it PAIN. It's just that mine STARTED at two minutes apart and five of the six hours I was in labor (I know -- short) was transition, which is the most intense part of labor.

The actual pushing part didn't hurt at all. When the contractions started. I pushed through them and didn't feel them at all. And the process of the baby actually coming out felt a lot like having sex. I can't speak for anyone else, but that was my experience and I've known a few other women who would say the same.

So... you kinda had sex with your baby? That's ... creepy...

*shudder*
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options

*shudder*

HECK NO! Also, EWW! I mean sex can be fun. But childbirth - NOT. At least not for ME (Maybe I am in a minority?)
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Woman do NOT have nuts... Lolz
    But many of us have balls!

Lol
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Ive never had nuts so cant really compare, but have given delivered 6 times 3 without pain meds, I thought I was dying.
  • rml_16
    Options

*shudder*

HECK NO! Also, EWW! I mean sex can be fun. But childbirth - NOT. At least not for ME (Maybe I am in a minority?)
    Pretty sure I didn't say that it was fun or that I had sex with my baby. However, considering where the baby comes out and the particular nerve endings in that area, the physical sensations were similar. I am not the only woman who has experienced that, either. It's still bloody and difficult and there's a doctor down there with novacaine and a scalpal, so no, not like having sex with anyone.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I imagine it as how it feels when you're pooping when you REALLY had to poo, and you get that kinda sharp pain in your butt/stomach. Like REALLY had to poo.
    haha you are right! iv had 2 boys (2 under 2 yikes!) and yougest is 9 weeks and it hurts!, probably feels like you need to poop out your man bits for you to be able to describe it to a man lol
    in responce to the question, probably kicked in the nuts, cos theres pain relief for labour pains
  • penrbrown
    Options

Pretty sure I didn't say that it was fun or that I had sex with my baby. However, considering where the baby comes out and the particular nerve endings in that area, the physical sensations were similar. I am not the only woman who has experienced that, either. It's still bloody and difficult and there's a doctor down there with novacaine and a scalpal, so no, not like having sex with anyone.

I was just teasing you a bit. :)
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Child birth and being kicked in the balls are nowhere close to being on the same level. How about discussing Cluster head aches and child birth.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Me don't know have nuts, and when I delivered my son, I didn't have the epidural and still get asked if I was crazy. Honestly, I really didn't have much pain, was tired more then anything.
  • philshjips
    philshjips Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I've heard that... don't some women orgasm as they give birth?
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This officially has become ridiculous now...
  • rml_16
    Options

I've heard that... don't some women orgasm as they give birth?
    I think so. I didn't quite get that far! lol But I only pushed for 20 minutes total. I did pee across the delivery room, though.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Definitely child birth. Any man who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Getting kicked in the nuts. Any woman who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

See what I did there?
  • rml_16
    Options
    This officially has become ridiculous now...
    In what way?
  • philshjips
    philshjips Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Definitely child birth. Any man who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Getting kicked in the nuts. Any woman who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

See what I did there?

Nicely done. No double standards here!
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Child birth and being kicked in the balls are nowhere close to being on the same level. How about discussing Cluster head aches and child birth.

Because male friends of mine are continually saying being kicked in the gonads is more difficult I wanted a broader opinion. Feel free to start a cluster headache/child birth thread if you'd like. :P