Which is more painful?

Options

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Usually you don't get administered heavy doses of pain medication BEFORE getting kicked in the nuts. . . so I'm gonna go with NUTS being more painful. :laugh:
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    From what I imagine, getting kicked in the balls is more like IMMEDIATE intense pain that slowly lessens. Labour in child birth starts slow and gradually gets more intense. The comparison isn't fair. Kind of comparing a sprint to a marathon. Not only that but everyone's child birth experience is different.

Check out this vid
    http://www.loopduloop.com/moms/articles/bless-his-heart-watch-a-man-endure-simulated-childbirth-video
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Nuts. It's briefer pain, true...but definitely more painful during that short period. And like someone said, we dont take pain meds preemptively
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Childbirth! It lasts nine months, getting kicked in the nuts, maybe nine minutes.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Childbirth! It lasts nine months, getting kicked in the nuts, maybe nine minutes.
    What poor woman do you know who was in labor for nine months???
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I watched my wife deliver our son. I've never felt pain like what I watched her go through. No comparison.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

So if the child birth last 9 months, how long is the pregnancy?
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, giving birth without pain meds is not all that bad. Like when you are giving birth in a nice deep tub of warm water to a normal-sized baby, and you've continued martial arts training throughout your whole pregnancy--totally doable.
    But sometimes--like if you've sat around on your butt eating whatever you've wanted your whole pregnancy, and are trying to push out a 9lb 6oz baby that's turned the wrong way--it's horribly excruciating.

All that to say...keep eating well and exercising while you are pregnant, ladies! :wink:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    hmmm

well this is going to be a very split topic. lol

I think a better would be

Birth vs gallstones

Or kidney stones!

I have had 2 vaginal births, gallstones, and THREE kidney stones--one of which was 14mm and required 3 surgeries to deal with. Labor, gallbladder attacks and Kidney stones are about the same on the pain scale. Kidney stones are a special kind of hell when you try to pass them--my second one must have caused microscopic tears in my ureter and urethra because I still had trace blood in my urine a month later.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Sometimes, giving birth without pain meds is not all that bad. Like when you are giving birth in a nice deep tub of warm water to a normal-sized baby, and you've continued martial arts training throughout your whole pregnancy--totally doable.
    But sometimes--like if you've sat around on your butt eating whatever you've wanted your whole pregnancy, and are trying to push out a 9lb 6oz baby that's turned the wrong way--it's horribly excruciating.

All that to say...keep eating well and exercising while you are pregnant, ladies! :wink:
    I agree with the advice, but neither outcome is guaranteed.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I can't speak about childbirth, but I can tell you being kicked is not much fun.. lol..
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    We would have to find someone who has experienced both, if such a person exists, in order to begin to settle this.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Child birth is a natural process that the female body was designed to do. The male body wasn't designed to get kicked in the nuts so I'll go with the nuts.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Recovering from an ACL repair was, IMO, way worse than child birth and I gave birth with zero pain killers. In fact, I had to wait writhing in agony for the doctor to arrive and I'd still pick birthing over the pain of that ACL recovery. And the baby hitting the birth cannel does not hurt so much as it burns, like a thousand odd fires (in your vagina).
  • rml_16
    Options
    Recovering from an ACL repair was, IMO, way worse than child birth and I gave birth with zero pain killers. In fact, I had to wait writhing in agony for the doctor to arrive and I'd still pick birthing over the pain of that ACL recovery. And the baby hitting the birth cannel does not hurt so much as it burns, like a thousand odd fires (in your vagina).
    I had to have a colposcopy two years after my daughter was born. THAT was pain like I've never experienced. Didn't last as long, but was much, much worse than childbirth.
  • rcolours7
    Options
    2 c-sections....once the initial pain is gone, there's so much soreness no meds work. plus, u still can't lift anything-not even a gallon or milk or oj for 3+ months w/o pain

know from experience & have a high threshold for pain - i've had the following as well - and some meds just didn't even dull the pain at all:

1 knee surgery,
    2 ankle surgeries (on same ankle)
    4 wisdom teeth pulled (that i was never supposed to have)
    8 baby teeth pulled when i was @ 12 or 14 - needed them to be pulled for braces
    1 field hockey ball to my left (during a HS game)
  • abentrup
    abentrup Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    being **** punted fo sho..
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    WHAT has gotten into you penn??
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I've been kicked in the nuts. Felt like your nuts go up to your stomach and a numbing pain that doesn't go away, I fell to the ground and started to tear up, I then started to laugh uncontrollably.

I'm giving this one to the ladies.

cgm2c.gif
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say childbirth just because I've seen how my man handles a cold. No way would he survive childbirth. lol