Starting Out!

Options
Hi everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself. I'm just starting to try and lose weight. I'm 27, 5ft 6 and currently weighing in at 160lb. I've put on around 15lb since my wedding last year and Im determined to get down to around 130lb by my holiday in August. I joined the gym today and can't wait to get started!

Replies

• Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way to go with starting the gym. The hardest thing to do at the gym is start it, and second hardest is continuing. I work out normally about 5x a week for an hour each time. It's true that the more you do it - the easier it is!

As far as MFP, stick to it, as it does work. Record everything you eat, make good choices and get some buddies here to motivate you. Feel free to add me. :)

Happy New Year & new you!

Nanette
  • Cherrie163
    Options
    Thanks! I was really paranoid about going thinking it would be filled with tone gym bunnies and fit guys! I felt so much better when I saw the people there were "normal" shapes and sizes!
  • emilyjoanna
    emilyjoanna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im also starting today! I am excited to lose about 40 to 50 in 2013! I spin at our local YMCA & also do the Leslie Sansone DVDs. I have no MFP friends so feel free to add me as a friend! I need support too! I'm starting at 199.2 & praying to be 150 this year. My recent job furlough put me in a little rut but I know I can get this off! Good luck to you!!