Healthy everyone friendly tacos!

Options
Maidofmer
Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
Anyone got any good recipes? hubby invited friends over for tonight and instead of being tempted by pizza, I want to make some healthy tacos that people would love.

Replies

• Bensontbjj1
    Bensontbjj1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to do some chicken, it is much leaner than ground beef. You can then skip the cheese and sour cream and push lettuce, onions and tomato.
  • MrsJJUt
    MrsJJUt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey is great and sometimes I just do mine with a big lettuce leaf . Everyone else can have tortillas if they want! I also add beans to my mix sometimes to up the fiber and protien. Little low fat cheese, low fat sour cream, and avocado and super yummy! Oh refried beans are pretty low in cal and fat too! Have fun!
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Make some black bean burritos or quesadilla. Just a tortilla, black beans and a little cheese. Top with salsa.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Fajitas! Grill some chicken (or shrimp) and veggies - add some taco seasoning to the veg. People can eat with or without the tortilla and you can go heavy or light on the "fixings" depending on your calories.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I usually use the pre taco seasoned jenni O turkey meat, its great! Then i buy tortillas from the health food store (ingredients is Corn, lime and water..not a long list of words I can't pronounce!)
    Then I use low fat shredded cheese, Guacamole, fat free beans, onions, cilantro, pico de gio... SOO Good
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh, but we have used Lean Cuisine Fajita Style Chicken Spring Rolls for company before. Pop them in the oven...follow directions on box...for crisy rolls. Microwave versions are still good, but less crispy.

3 rolls are 200 calories and they are amazing. Lean Cuisine owes me some royalties on how many people I have turned them on to.
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fish Tacos are awesome. I also use non-fat plain yogurt in place of sour cream. Fish tacos go well with cabbage so you can buy the pre-packaged cabbage mix and add some seasoned black beans. TASTY!