Truth is stranger than fiction

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
This is legitimate, my friends--

News

Brawl erupts over Easter candy
Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:00 AM | Printer friendly version | E-mail to a friend | 9 Comments

Staff report

Police aren't sure whether Walmart's prices were so good or if there was a shortage of chocolate rabbits.

Whatever the reason, seven women ended up in a brawl in the Easter basket aisle Saturday evening.

Candy eggs, rabbits and Peeps flew through the air in an unlikely Easter exchange.

Property damage, primarily to candy and Easter decorations, totalled nearly $800.

Salisbury Police responded to the Walmart at 323 Arlington St. around 7 p.m. Saturday.

The five officers separated the women into two groups — with each claiming the other group started the fight.

Unable to figure out who initiated the brawl, officers decided to charge all of those involved in the incident with public affray.

Will the guilty parties, please raise their hands?

:laugh:

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori, Janie, Sara--

Where were you on the night of the 6th?

:wink:
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Chocolate is a terrible thing to waist ummm I mean waste!
    I bet they were all on a diet!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    May I have a diet coke with that please. . .
  • JenSuazo
    JenSuazo Posts: 10
    Options
    hahahaha I am cracking up laughing over this!!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I love the stories of bizarre and weird. A few weeks ago the paper reported a story out of PA...(the town where they do the groundhog every year) about a man arrested for being drunk in public. Apparently he was in the middle of the highway trying to give mouth-to-mouth to an opossum that had obviously been dead for quite some time. Yuck!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm telling ya, chocolate will do that to ya! At least one of them said, "hand over the chocolate and nobody gets hurt!" :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for posting that Marla. Started my day with a chuckle.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Look, I'm not saying I was right or wrong, but I meant it when I told that woman I'd kill for some chocolate right now..... so I blame her for not listening to my warning..... :grumble: