Wii fit accuracy

Options
i have been working out using the Wii fit plus and Biggest Loser game. According to their tracking based on my weight, the Wii fit (which is a decent workout but not too tough) burns200 cal/30 min apprx, yet when I bust my butt on a biggest loser workout it only shows about half of the amnt of cals for same amt of time. Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't seem right to me. If anything it should be higher not less. Biggest Loser is way more intense than the Wii games and fitness programs.

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sadly your mileage may vary. with anything like that i trend toward the low expectation. It helps keep the numbers closer to reality. Maybe split the difference?
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing last night. I use Wii Fit Plus and over an hour I burned 200 cals. I just did some balance exercises for 20 mins, then boosted it up with a bit of cycling, skateboarding and hoola hoop for 20 mins then finished with around 20mins of yoga.

I enjoy it and dont really mind the numbers, I figure it is exercise that I wasn't doing this time last month so it all has to be good doesn't it?
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've heard others with a heart monitor say the Wii Fit is pretty close to accurate, but the Biggest Loser is WAY off. I used it for a while and it always said I burned like 40 cals, when I know that was wrong. I used to just log it as circuit training. Good luck.
  • Amanda_Bridges90
    Amanda_Bridges90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the "Biggest Loser" game, but I bought the Wii Fit today and I think it's pretty accurate. For about 45 minutes of doing various games && exercises it says I burned 181 calories, I think it's fairly right, although, I'm not a fitness expert lol! I have been riding a Stationary bike 4 times a week for 4 weeks and I think I am feeling it more doing 45 min. on Wii Fit Plus than riding my bike for 30 minutes and only burning 160 cals while I'm working my butt off! Have you tried googling it? Look up reviews for Biggest Loser, and see if anyone else has the same problem?