Best Fitness/Toning shoes?

Options
After the new year, I will be doing 4-5 miles walk/power walking 4 days a week. What do you all recommend to be the best toning shoes? I need great support as I work in a gym and have 2 young kids so CONSTANTLY on the go and to be honest, my converse just aren't cutting it anymore LOL.

Replies

• lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ones that are designed for walking or cross training. I like new balances and sauconys, as they are good for either walking or running,
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    never heard of toning shoes.

just get a good pair of walking shoes. I have some Nike's that I absolutely love.

Go try a few different brands on and see what feels best.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a toning shoe

As for fitness, it depends on multiple factors...the biggest being the type(s) of fitness you are doing.
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options
    I do hell of a lot of walking and work as a receptionist in a very busy gym. By the end of the night, my feet are killing. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on types/brands..
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    any good fitness shoe with good support should be fine.

I love my ASICS.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    also, I work retail and I love Ecco for shoes that are supremely comfortable but still look nice enough to be behind a desk.

http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Sky-Tie/211503,default,pd.html?dwvar_211503_color=02559&dwvar_211503_size=35#cgid=sport-women-classics for example
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Walking shoes should be easy to find. Personally, New Balance and Ryka don't fit my feet well, but plenty of people love them.

If you buy on sites like Amazon, Shoebuy and Zappos, you can read the reviews which I've found very helpful.

Lastly, you can't wear shoes forever. After a few months, you'll to want to replace them. If you wear a pedometer you willl know how much you've walked; check the recommendations for miles for shoes, it's only a few hundred.

I only wear trainers which are padded for lateral movement; I suppose that's overkill for you. The brands I'm loving now are AirSwiss, Saucony, and Avia. I've liked Puma too.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Any decent athletic show for cardio, Converse for weight lifting.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    All I wear is vibram fivefingers, yoga sandals and bare feet. But you know.... I'm weird....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    new balance makes some of the best walking shoes i've ever worn.

also saucony.

but in general, it's best to have different shoes for different activities since you're support needs will be different.

for instance i wear different shoes for weight lifting (flat soles) than i do for walking (cushioned heels) than i do for running (minimal support)
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Go to a RUNNING store and be fitted for walking shoes. How you walk is different from everyone else, as is how you run. What works for these people may not work for you.