Run/Walk-ing to a Healthy 2013

Options
Hello everyone. It's great to be a part of the community.!

At this point, I am, and feel, pretty unhealthy. I'm currently at my heaviest--250 lbs--and my last trip to the doctor led to results that were bad in almost every way. I enjoy the feeling I've always gotten from running, so I plan to run/walk my way back to more energy, the elation one gets after exercising, and overall better health reports when I get back to the doctor in March and December.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and, if I can, helping you in any way!

Here's a good 2013!

Dan

Replies

• os2013
    os2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan - lets hear it for the big fellas (clydesdales) I am also starting at 250 - lets lose some pounds and inches - I sent you a friend request
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    Options
    'Clydedales'! I like that a lot, OS!

Pounds and inches it is! It will be great to keep in touch as we move through 2013!

Dan
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Dan...

Started out at 265. Friend request sent.
  • fervc64
    Options
    Good luck. Feel free to add me guys. Looking for some motivation.
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    Options
    Fred/K, I'm excited to see what I do on your ticker! Congratulations! And thank you for the inspiration!

Dan
  • jessadany
    Options
    Hi Dan! Welcome.
    I will send a request as well. I am currently at my highest weight of 147. And have struggled to lose the pounds as I was diagnosed with a bone disease which is mainly messing with my back, hips and knees. So I am limited to what I can do, but I know I Havering do something as my goal is to get the weight shed before my husband returns from Afghanistan. Next fall. It would be great to walk / run into 2013 with you!
  • Will606
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like some motivated people on here. Feel free to add me if you like, can always use some friendly peeps
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    welcome aboard & to a fitter & healthier new year & on MFP, a funner & funnier one as well
    anyone can add me. Happy New Years!
  • pinelandsjane
    pinelandsjane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined yesterday and here is my first post! I would like to loose at least 30 pounds. I love to run and can still run but it is very slow - under 4.5 mph. I walked and ran today, but it felt good, ran 5K after walking .8 mi first. It was 30 degrees here but I layered up with 3 layers and bought myself some warm weather base layers so that I can go outside even if it's cold. I did not do so well Day one but was below my calories a bit and I did meet my exercise goal yesterday. Today I planned my foods better. I realize that I need to eat more earlier in the day - distributed my eating more evenly so that I don't overdo it in the evening. Tonight I am cooking lots of healthy things to prepare foods for the next few days. I'm even going to set up the crock pot before I go to bed with boneless chicken breast and chicken broth and fresh parsley for a little flavor.

Feel free to add me as a friend. A woman I grew up with told me about this site and we are friends here. I am looking forward to a healthier 2013 and for encouraging others who want to be healthy too. You'll get back to your running. Just put one foot in front of the other and give yourself credit for however much you can do - even passing a few houses is doing it!
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    Options
    Hi Jess,

It's great to have others with me into 2013! I am looking forward to your updates!
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    Options
    Jane, Chichi, and Will, thank you for the encouragement and welcome. It's great to be a part of the community!