Day 1...need your thoughts

Options
Hello,
I am just wondering. I have just started my working out/dieting plan. It is the first time I am seriously making an attempt. I have been working out for about a week and going to start the diet portion now. I am a big time snacker and in the end I think that will do me in. Anyway, how do you keep motivated to exercise and diet when you work full time and sometime long hours. I am a nurse so sometimes I work late and am just tired. I am just looking for some input on how to keep going. Anything that has worked for you? My husband is very active and in good shape and it pushes me somewhat to do the same thing but, sometimes I feel like I should be doing more because he works out so hard and lifts weights. I am doing cardio right now and plan on working in weights but, I didn't want to start out with to much to soon. Any helpful thoughts???
Thanks,
Brittany

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    pack your lunch and some healthy snacks. go for a walk or head to the gym before or after work... or on your days off... look at all the before and after pics in the success stories portion of this site daily for motivation, thats what i do!!!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Planning is key. I have days where I might not get my planned lunch break, when suddenly I have to work an extra 4 or 5 hours, or might have to jump in a car and leave town for a day or two. When you have a crazy work schedule you can still plan. I have healthy things at work for those times I can't get out for lunch. While they may not be a full meal replacement it does satisfy me and helps me to not overdo it later because of hunger. I have things at home I can thrown in my suitcase for when i have to head out of town.

I am a snacker too and plan for that. I make sure I have apples, grapes, mini bags of popcorn, jiff to go peanut butter etc. Healthy and pre-measured items that I can snack on.

I started with cardio and then added in weights after I felt healthier and ready to do it. Others will recommend starting weights right away, but what is important is starting at a pace that will allow you to keep progressing. If you do too much at once you may get discouraged.
  • b_ls
    b_ls Posts: 4
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. Thanks!
  • b_ls
    b_ls Posts: 4
    Options
    That is great advice. Thank you so much!