So, scars are sexy?

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
Whilst getting my tattoo touched up today, one of the guys points at my forehead and says I love that. And I automatically knew he was talking about my scar. I can't count the number of times random guys have told me they love it, think it's sexy, even go so far as try to run their finger along it. I'm not saying it happens all the time but that scar, not my eyes, or my butt, or anything else common, is what I get the most compliments on.

I got it when I was one and my brother was chasing me and I went headfirst into a headboard, split my head open to the bone and 8 stitches later the doctor is telling my mom because I am so little that the scar would shift as I grew. It would either go up into my hairline or move down. My mom prayed for it to go up and be hidden but nope, that sucker now rests right between my eyes just at the top of my nose.

I guess I just don't get it. I know scars on a guy can be sexy as well as a badge of manliness ;) but I just can't quite fathom why a scar on a girl is sexy, lol. I guess my mom didn't need to worry about that scar messing up my face. But I just don't get it!

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Well I can only HOPE scars are sexy!!! :wink:
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yeah they are. >;-D
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    I have a scar on my forehead but my fringe covers it, I think it's sorta cool.
    I think a scar is a little different, I don't know about sexy but they can definitely look cute and add a little character to someone's face.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    People usually think the scar on my forehead is dirt lol. It's small but fairly deep so unless you're inches away from it all you see is shadow.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Well I can only HOPE scars are sexy!!! :wink:
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Some are. Sometimes it is positioned to draw attention to something about a person that is attractive.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I think so. To quote crossfade "I am made of scars"
  • MJEekhoff
    Options
    I have a scar that runs from my hairline straight down the center of my forehead to the bridge of my nose. I was 2 and had to have surgery for an extremely rare type of scleroderma that put me in the medical history books. No one has found my scar to be sexy, least of all me. I hide it behind my bangs and I do my best to never ever let anyone see it. I have been ridiculed, called scarface all the time, and I use to get beat up because of it while in school. To say that it has destroyed my self esteem is the understatement of the millennia.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I hope so because I have many :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My scars are absolutely not sexy at all. I'm probably going to have them removed or treated in a few months.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    Lucky. The scar on my forehead just messes up how my hair grows at my hair line.
  • carsmakemebeep
    carsmakemebeep Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    when i was 8 i got surgery for ulcertive colitis or I.B.D. and i have one long one running from just under my chest to just above my private zone haha and two going horizontal on each side. i thought it was gross but guys always think its cool and try to touch it. idk if its sexy but they think its interesting and its a topic starter!
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think the anticipation of the story behind the scar is sexy. Typically once the story is told it is no longer what is sexy but what is charming because a story about a brother chasing you when you were 1 that caused you 8 stitches is charming.

Scars from getting shot at whilst gang banging, not so sexy. <~just me though
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    When I think of scars on foreheads, I think of Harry Potter!! haha. Well scars have stories behind them and they're usually interesting.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who whole-heartedly loves the little things that make people unique. She told me that my ugly toenail is one of my best features because not everyone has an ugly toenail. Her husband is missing the tip of his pinky finger and she calls it her favorite and lucky finger. Some people in this world are so lovely that the same things other people see as ugly, they see as beautiful. So, the people who call your scar beautiful are just one of these rare and beautiful people. :flowerforyou:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Not sure why (and perhaps a little perverse!) but I often find myself attracted to women in casts etc.

I don't know if it's the 'needing to be looked after', or that it suggests they might actually have been doing something interesting, rather than the usual "stay in for a movie or night out on the town" type.

And for a similar thing, some scars, yes; are sexy. Even when it's just been from a surgical procedure.
    But, still has to fit in with the aesthetic generally, I'm afraid.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I find scars to be super badass. Each scar I have also has a story behind it. Some funny, some not so funny.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I was just talking wiht my husband about this.....He has several scars on his head from childhood injuries...one is very large and runs most of the length of the top of his head.
    For him, it is a story and a memory of the past...usually being a daredevil.

I went my entire childhood without getting one single stitch until last summer when I had a kneeboarding accident that landed me in the ER getting my head glued together. So, as a 33 year old mother of three I got my first bad-*kitten* scar. I'm thankful that we are lucky enough to have fun stories for our scars. I'm happy with my new scar right above my left eyebrow that matches my middle daughters scar on her head in the same spot from an injury she got at 2 years old. She thinks it is pretty neat that we have matching scars.

I know for some people their scars are reminders of terrible accidents so I can see the dislike for them but I think that scars are proof of making it through something hard/scary/ whatever. They are a sign of strength to me and they are a part of who you are and what you have been through. People that make fun of a person for their scars are just mean. They have no idea what the story is. Scars are like tatoos, most have a story except with a tatoo you get to choose the place and design with a scar, it choses for itself how it is going to change the way you look. I say, wear your scar with pride, it's a part of your history and who you are.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I have scars related to my massive weight loss, they're my reminder of where I've been and the hard work I put in to get to the point I'm at now. Hopefully someone will find them sexy! :smile:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Um. Well, I think some scars can be quite cool as each one tells a story, and they add something unique to the person. I wouldn't call them sexy, but hey, it could be worse :smile: