Anyone who has 100lb or more to lose? Please be my friend

Options

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You have to take it one small step at a time. Don't look at it as a diet, its a lifestyle change. Realize that it took time to get in the shape you are in and it will take time to get into a better shape. it took 50 years to get to the worst shape of my life and 14 months, (and counting) to get myself into where I am today, but I'm not going to let myself go again. Add me if you like.
  • 250gorilla
    250gorilla Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I HAVE LOST OVER 150 SINCE APRIL 2011 BUT I HAVE ABOUT 100 MORE TO GOAL OF 179. IT HARD BUT SO WORTH IT. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW. MY DOCTOR HAS TAKEN ME OFF OF MY DIABETES MEDS AND SAID SHE IS REMOVING DIABETES FROM MY FILE. JUST START BY COUNTING YOUR CALORIES AND MOVING ON MOST DAYS OF THE WEEK FOR ATLEAST 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR. YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS. SLOW AND STEADY WILL WIN THE RACE. GOOD LUCK
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Debbie and you can add me if you like. Best of luck!
  • MJEekhoff
    Options
    I need to lose 85 pounds! Add me, I'd be more than happy to be your friend! I just started about 2 weeks ago and yes, it is very daunting. I struggle with being in the mood to work out but I've forced myself to do it for these past two weeks. It's starting to get a little easier.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    FR sent.

I have around 130 to lose...but having been on the yo-yo of losses and gains I've decided to take it one day at a time with goals in 5-lbs increments. 5-lbs seems so much more achievable than 130!

Here's to 2013!! :-)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am only on my 4th day and I'm already struggling.

100lb just seems so much to lose that I feel I will never make a dent in that number!

I could really use some friends on here who are going through or have been through the same.

Hello. I don't have 100 to lose anymore but I have lost more than 100 pounds already. I started at 312 pounds, now 185 pounds!!
    I know how intimidating it can be. And you want to give up before you start because even if you lost 30 pounds you still have more than 100 more to lose!!
    But at first I just focused on 10% of my body weight. When I started Curves I was 280 so I figure 28 pounds...or 30 even I would be 250. I got to 250...and so I figured 25. Get to 225. I focused only on a small amount of weight and making it to there and then...I'd recommit in a way and pick new goals.
    Eventually I found myself under 225 and I started looking better and feeling better about myself. It didn't take a whole 100 pounds to make myself look better and feel better about myself.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've got well over a hundred left to lose and would welcome more friends.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Don't look at the big picture. Set smaller goals for yourself and keep pushing forward. I've lost 115 pounds since March and still have about 50 - 60 pounds to go. Just take it one day at a time and don't let a small set back stop you. Good luck!
  • ashesmf
    ashesmf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have 110 lbs to lose and I'm just getting started! Don't be overwhelmed! We can do it together:) Don't give up. I'm tired of spending my life wanting to do this. This year is going to be the hard year and the rest of my years are going to be great!
  • sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 70 plus. please add me, im new to my fitness pal... i need all the help i can get, and i will give in return!!! :)
  • Violetthefirst
    Violetthefirst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 46 kg, that's just over 100 pounds. I have only just started and I am highly motivated to keep on track, but I know that it's not going to be easy, and I don't want to give up. So some friends who can support and encourage each other is a great idea. So please add me, and I'll do my best to stay on track with you, .... I am an Aussie so I speak kilos more easily ;-)
  • Yamaha1100
    Options
    Hang in there. I know what you are going through as I am on day 5 of my diet. I keep trying to remind myself that next year I will feel and look better but it seems like forever away. I do feel 2013 will be a good year.
  • Brooksmommy08
    Options
    I know how you feel I have to lose a 100+ lbs and I started before and got discouraged and here I am again and I'm determined this time. Make small goals for yourself that way you don't get so down, Green tea can help with those late night snacking temptations, and drink as much water as possible.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it as 100 lbs, you'll never get ahead doing it that way. Think of it as 10lbs at a time, one pant size at a time, one NSV at a time. You'll be feeling better about yourself, and the time will go by faster than you think. There will still be times where you will feel overwhelmed, but don't let it get to you.

I sent a FR as well! This is what I am starting as well!
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    STICK WITH IT!!!! I have lost a right at 105 pounds since May, 2012. I'm 64 years old, a grandmother, and former couch potato. It can be done -- I'm living proof. I've got 35 more to go and then I may reevaluate. So, grab on and hold on tight -- 2013 is our year! Add me if you want to come along for the ride.
  • WavyyCakes95
    Options
    I need to lose 80-100 so i'll add u. any ones welcome to add me
  • joeyschoppe1
    Options
    Add me!! I need to lose more than 100 lbs, too. Today is my first day here and I totally understand the overwhelming sensation you are feeling. But one step at a time is totally the way to take it. Easier said than done, unless you believe that you CAN do ALL things through Christ. :)
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I have over 100 to lose and I know how you feel. But like everyone is saying, set mini-goals for yourself and take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I have 100+ to lose in the long term, but I'm starting out with a medium goal: 1 lb a week challenge to lose a total of 52 lbs in 2013. Small goal: 6 pounds by Valentine's Day. :)