Need Recipes for lunch at work.

Options
Just wondering what kind of easy recipes people know. Ones that i can quickly make and take to work. I don't have a cafeteria and only have a microwave at work so something that can be reheated or doesn't need to be cooked would be perfect. I'm also looking for meals under 600 calories. Thanks

Replies

• thirtyby30
    thirtyby30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    spinach lasagna with a side salad
    turkey meatloaf w/ cold veggies or whatever side you like. This is already LOADED w/ veggies.

Forgot I had added the recipes here:

Turkey meatloaf:
    Prestage Foods - Ground Turkey 93/7, 20 oz (1 1/4 lbs)
    Vodka Gimlet - Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 1/2 cup dry
    Garlic - Raw, 2 clove
    Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 0.5 cup, chopped
    Vegetable - Red Bell Pepper, 0.5 pepper
    Egg - Large, Grade A, Raw, 1 egg
    Olive Oil 1 Teaspoon - Extra Virgin My, 2.5 Teaspoon
    Yellow Sauteed Onion - Sauteed, 1 cup (87g)
    Carrots - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Gulden's - Spicy Brown Mustard., 2 tsp
    Hill Country Fare (Heb Brand) - Worcester Sauce, 2 tsp
    Kc Masterpiece - Original Bbq Sauce, 2 tbsp
    Spices - Chili powder, 1 tbsp
    Texas Pete - Hot Sauce, 0.5 tsp (4 g)
    Morton - Iodized Salt, 1/2 tsp (1.5g)

1. Combine all ingredients except veggies in bowl and mix together w/ hands.
    2. Sautee the veggies so they soften a bit but are still crisp. (~5 minutes)
    3. Combine with veggies with the meat mixture and mxi well.
    4. Press into non-stick pan.
    5. Bake @ 350 for about an hour.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sat Fat
    Total: 1425 82 66 130 23 74 16
    Per Serving: 285 16 13 26 47 5 3
    YUM!

SPINACH LASAGNA
    Reggano - Lasagna Noodles, 6 oz (6 noodles)
    Kraft - Natural Shredded Low-Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 1/2 cup (28 g)
    Maggio - Part Skim Ricotta Cheese, 1 3/4 c (62g)
    Athenos - Natural Feta Cheese (Chunk Traditional Corrected), 8 oz
    Aldi Season's Choice - Frozen Chopped Spinach, 10 oz frozen package, cooked and drained
    Grandessa - All Natural Tomato Basil Italian Classic Sauce, 2 1/2 cup
    Great Day Farmers Market - Large Egg Grade A, One Dozen, 2 egg

1. Cook and drain spinach
    2. Cook noodles
    3. Mix cheeses together
    4. Put half+ of sauce on bottom of non-stick pan
    5. Line with half the noodles
    6. Fill in with cheese mixture (you can also add meat/turkey here) for more calories
    7. Top with remaining noodles
    8. Top with remaining sauce. Add a little parsmesan on top for taste.

Bake @ 375 for ~50 minutes.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sat Fat
    Total: 2560 216 127 153 68 25 68
    Per Serving: 427 36 21 26 11 38 11
  • thirtyby30
    thirtyby30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Progresso soup - light. Many different varieties to choose from.
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    leftovers from last night's dinner, pre-cooked stir fry and soups are my staples :drinker:
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of wraps for work, I would say salad but let's be honest that take a lot of time and I work in health care so lucky to get 10 minutes. I will use the low carb wraps that's are 60 calories for a burrito sized one and add whatever your in the mood for Tuna, lean lunch meat, chicken the sky's the limit and then I make ahead of time homemade spread with Greek yogurt and a package of dry dressing mix any kind you want. On the side I will have a piece of fruit and yogurt and maybe A few rice cakes and that holds me for my 12 hour shifts. Hope this helps :)
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love those too quick easy and it isn't going to ruin your day!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I work in the medical field M-F 8 hour days and i have a Smart one (variety to choose from), spinach salad with (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots), and a sugar free pudding! Oh and big glass of water......!!!! Easily under 400 calories.....and microwavable :smile:
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I love their soups too and have been eating them a lot but they have way too much sodium. I'm actually eating home made vegetable soup at my desk right now. 1 carton of reduced sodium chicken stock, White navy beans, carrots, green beans, onions, garlic, zucchini, (whatever vegies you have on hand will do) Throw it in a pot, cook until tender.

Plan on eating it vegetarian for a few days until I cook a chicken on Wednesday and add left over chicken to my soup.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Homemade soups, I make a batch nearly every weekend. Use the low sodium stock and the possiblities are endless. It's filling, satifying and healthy.

I've been eating soup every weekday for 1 year and I haven't gotten bored because it's always different depending what's in season and what I'm in the mood for.

Instead of rice or pasta I like to use beans instead, red, black, white or pink. Lentils are a favorite too.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    leftovers from last nights dinner, works for me.
  • seadiamond1
    Options
    Also Oatmeal isn't only for breakfast. I make a batch in my rice cooker. When it's done but still hot I add a medium diced apple (1/2 apple serving per serving of oatmeal) some stevia, cinnamon, and a couple of tablespoons of reduced calorie maple syrup. No need for butter or cream in this recipe but you could add a little soy or almond milk. Divide into 1 cup portions, cool, and freeze. Grains are super for keeping you full longer than a light soup (but I do LOVE Progresso!) or skimpy microwave entrees. Add a serving a nuts to your lunchbox and perhaps some cut veggies with a couple of teaspoons of good olive oil and a splash of lemon for a mid afternoon snack.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Agreed - with me its either porridge or home made soups :)
  • smarinowilson
    smarinowilson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There's a website skinnytaste.com great recipes.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    my lunches are pretty simple

whole wheat bun
    veggie burger (amys california)
    1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
    slice of tomato
    reduced fat swiss cheese

salad
    salad greens (1 cup)
    grape tomatos (1/2 cup)
    cucumber (1/2 cup)
    2 Tablespoons of lite italian dressing

aprox 337 cals.

snack about 3-4 hrs later of graham crackers and natural peanut butter
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Wraps are my go to bring to work/school lunch. You can stuff them with whatever you want and bring a fruit or veggies or anything you want for the side. They can be under 600 calories depending what you stuff em with and the brand of wrap you get.

My wrap usually consists of:
    Whole grain tortilla wrap
    Roasted red pepper cream cheese
    Sundried tomato deli turkey or whatever is on sale
    Spinach
    Red peppers cut in strips
    Shredded carrot
    Red onion
    Cucumber
    And either hot sauce or mustard on top before I wrap it up.

For sides I usually bring an apple or broccoli and a dip. Sometimes I'll bring Greek yogurt too.

Oh edit to say my other go to work meal (since you have a microwave at work) is bringing chili I make at home in big batches and freeze. Ill bring shredded cheese to add on top after its heated.
  • snipsnip2
    Options
    What about tuna salad? I like to spice mine up:
    1 can chunk light tuna in water
    1 tbsp light Miracle Wip
    1 tbsp yellow mustard
    Sprinkle Old Bay spice
    Cut up tomato into tiny pieces
    Cut up Banana peppers
    1 tsp sweet relish

I bring 6 Triscuits to dip into the tuna salad. Entire meal runs about 290 cal, with about 20 g protein (I only count animal and casein protein usually)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Make food on the weekends if you can, portion it out and freeze. That way, you can get up, grab a portion and go.
  • MuhammadAjaz
    Options
    Hey,

Watch the video.375 recipes for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js1KZr7b6_M
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like wraps.

My fav is a whole wheat flax seed tortilla with 2tbps of any kind or hummus (I like jalapeno cilantro and red pepper) with a cut up cucumber and shredded carrots. Some times I add a little cheese and salsa if I need a few more calories. It is fast, easy, vegetarian, and travels well. It would probably be good with some deli chicken (rotisserie or sliced) on it too.