Over 40? Let's be a great support to one another!

Options
I'm in my 40's and love it...I don't know why people freak out, it's great! I'm 17 pounds away from my goal weight (have lost 64 so far) and I can always use more support...and who doesn't want to meet new people? I'm on here everyday and please friend me if you wish...have a wonderful day :happy:

Replies

• Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did an amazing job losing all those weight. Please tell us what you did. It seems at 40 I just can't lose ANY weight at all, no matter what I do or don't do, what I eat or don't eat!
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did an amazing job losing all those weight. Please tell us what you did. It seems at 40 I just can't lose ANY weight at all, no matter what I do or don't do, what I eat or don't eat!

What worked for me was logging and seeing what I was actually eating and how much. It really suprised me how many calories were in things that I thought were "healthy and low cal". If I don't log everyday I think I would fall back into old habits and I've worked far to hard to shed those 64 pounds. I really wish I was more athletic and worked out more, that's my goal for this year...I hope it happens...haha.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 43. I lost 80lbs when I was 40 and by the time I was 41 i was within 3lbs of goal. I've been trying to maintain for the last 2 years and I've happened to find 10 of those lost pounds. I got lazy about what I eat. My goal for January is to cook more and only eat out twice a week - once for lunch at work and Sunday night with my parents.

Add me. I love the motivation I get from my MFP friends! 2013 is going to be a great year........
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You posters are doing really awesome on losing weight. :) Congrats!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Wellll you all could be a Huge inspiration to me with your successes!!

When I was 39 I was in the best shape of my adult life - I'd been belly dancing in a performance group for a few years, had taken up pole dance (for exercise!) and was hired to teach both...I was SO thrilled I was doing all that while turning 40...! Then I had a major shoulder injury that pretty much halted both - and rather than find alternative ways to exercise...I moped! And gained 12 lbs - after a year of PT I started "moving" again - though at a much different pace than before -

Then about a year or so later tore my achilles tendon - which Layed me Flat for 4 more months...on came another 8 lbs - NOW I'm 43 - My injuries have been semi healed for about 3 months and have been working my butt off at the gym and seeing no results! Its been frustrating but I also KNOW that my eating is playing into it! I eat Beautifully all week long - then the weekend comes and I trash all the progress I've made all week! And NOW I've Noticed that being over 40 isn't helping...I CAN'T Recover as quickly from set backs as I used to!

I have run an Elimination Challenge on MFP 4 times now and seen WONDERFUL results for SO Many of my participants! Now its time I stop blowing my progress and seeing those results myself! Would be nice to have some "over 40" friends - with successes! And some who are struggling as I am!

Those posts I read so far from some of you - Pretty Amazing! IT CAN BE DONE!! NOW I JUST GOTTA DO IT!!! ;-) Keep Up The Awesome Work!!
  • klhklc
    klhklc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a 42 year old woman and do so much better with support. Sending you a friend request :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. I've never been hugely overweight, but I have lost around 30 lbs overall, a few prior to MFP. I've hit my goal. Now, I'm working on lowering body fat. I sort of ignore the scale now. I need lots of support. My goal is 15% body fat, and I'll reevaluate from there.

My pic was taken this afternoon (NYE).