justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
What did you accomplish in 2012? C'mon, brag about it! :wink:
What do you want to accomplish in 2013?

Cheers to the new year! Let's make it the best year yet! :drinker:

Replies

• verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I got fired from a job I hate and found a job at a higher rate of pay where they think I'm awesome about 3 weeks later. I also managed to complete the tax course at HR Block, so I will be doing taxes this year. It's a real college accredited course and I aced it in two weeks.

Now if I could just find a job with reliable hours and get my health under control I'd be moving in a great direction.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I started exercising more, i started 30 day shred and stuck to it including getting dup early to do before work, plus have added in yoga meltdown and burn fat boost metabolism ( or whatever it is called). On level 3 of 30 ds!

I wanna learn a martial art this year! Never done one before. There is a karate school nearby where u can go for 2 weeks free & a TKD class down the road so will see what is the best fit
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    - Ran a 5k (first one ever)
    - Completed a round of P90X (first time)
    - Benched 230 pounds (5 lbs over my current weight)
    - Did 3000 pushups on my birthday, yep 3-0-0-0 in one day, took 17 hours, and I couldn't lift my arm for days. only 500 of those 3000 were on my knees.

I don't have any particular goals for 2013, just to continue getting healthier, and improving my fitness.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    With the encouragement of my MFP friends I am starting 2013 less than what I started 2012 ,
  • KristenF101
    Options
    I ran more than a mile for the first time in my life (and I'm completing my first half-marathon in 27 days)!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Hmmm, well I lost 30lbs and transformed my body with heavy lifting. I hope to drop 30 more and be the strongest me I can be.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Started lifting heavy. Ran a half marathon and was able to walk afterwards! I gained muscle (maybe some fat too) but I was scrawny last January...

I went backpacking. I went to hot springs. I snowboarded. I surfed with pelicans. I saw meteor showers. I got my son a nice bike. I learned to lead climb. I hiked in moonlight. I floated down a river.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Ack! I did my first chin up ever! Then I did my first pull up!
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5k, completed 30ds, lost 36 pounds, started weight training and now have almost no symptoms of fibromyalgia. All at 56!
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Got a 4.0 this semester while taking 18 hours that included Cell & Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry, Calculus, and Physics. Those are all considered hard classes by most students I asked.
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lost 36 pounds and ran my first 5k!!!!!!!!
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I completed C25k, ran in my first 5K race, lost 12 pounds!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Lost 88 pounds (and counting)!!!!
    Divorcing my husband after 22 years! (yes, trust me an accomplishment)
    Walked 2 5k's this year. One of them walked/jogged.
    Starting on pushups! Girlie pushups, but pushups none-the-less! hahahaha
    Anyway, couldn't do any of this without God's help!
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Got a 4.0 this semester while taking 18 hours that included Cell & Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry, Calculus, and Physics. Those are all considered hard classes by most students I asked.

Holy crap that's impressive!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    1. Purchased my very first house & lot and coz I'm single so I own it 100%
    2. Getting my body fat percentage down to teens, from 26% to 19%
    3. Being able to have a 26 inch waist and to fit into size 25-26 inch jeans and size XS/XXS which the last time I had ever worn it was back when I was 11 years old! (I'll be 34 in April)
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I lost weight... I lost inches! I went from a size 16/18 pants to a size 10/12 and I can wear a medium size shirt.

I moved out of a house, sold or gave away almost everything I owned and moved into an RV full-time (because I want to, not have to), and live in a campground where I volunteer for the Corps of Engineers in exchange for my lot rent and utilities - it's so liberating not to have to worry about bills.

I ran/walked in 3 different 5Ks, improving my time with each one.

I completed the first half of Insanity before I moved and had to change gyms.