Brought tears to my eyes.....

Options
bethinagain
bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
I have a wedding that I'm invited to this Saturday, so a week ago I went into my closet and all my dresses are a size 20 and/or 22. That's what I've been in for the last 6 years! I tried them all on and they fell off! It was a great feeling, but I was scared because that meant that I would have to go shopping!:frown: I hate shopping for clothes because it's always been a disappointment for me. Nothing ever looked good and I always dreaded the stores.

I had no choice, so I went to the store tonight. Found 3 dresses that I loved. Asked the sales lady if she could help me find these dresses in a size 18. She did and I tried the first one on and it fell off. I figured it was the style so I tried one of the other 2 and it fell off. Confused, I asked her if they run big and she said "no" if anything they run small. I laughed and asked her to replace all 3 dresses with size 16's. As she was fetching my dresses off the racks I was standing in the dressing room with the biggest smile on my face. Just the thought of getting into a size 16!!!! She brought them to me and I tried one by one on only to find out that they were falling off of me.

I stepped out of the dressing room with one of them on and she looked at me with a smile and said I'll fetch you size 14 in that. :noway: Now I'm in the dressing room in my undergarments doing the happy dance, smiling and laughing at this point. She brought it to me, I slipped into it and walked out of the dressing room so proud. She said I looked great, then she came up behind me and pinched an inch of the dress on both sides at the seams. She said it's possible that a 12 might fit me better. She brought me a 12, it zipped right up and fit like a glove. I started crying! :cry: She was soooo happy for me that she started crying too! I don't even know her but she felt my happiness. That was fun and I can't wait to go shopping again! Tonight was a good night! :happy:

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    congratulations. that is a great story. You should be so proud of yourself. Way to go. :drinker:
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! That's fantastic! What a great feeling!
  • sinman22807
    sinman22807 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! I am so excited for you!
  • LosingLori
    Options
    What a FANTASTIC story...almost brought tears to my eyes too!!!! :cry: That is what this is all about!!! Good for you and keep it up!!!

by the way....LOVE your picture on your ticker!!!:tongue:

739764.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic! You made me cry too - what a joy! I bet you can't wait to go shopping again now. :laugh:
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Awwww, you just bought tears to *my* eyes! What a lovely and uplifting story. Congratulations.
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    Now your making me cry:sad: :bigsmile: :sad: :bigsmile: GO GIRL!!!! Sooo Happy for You!:drinker: :happy:
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :cry: I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing. That makes me keep moving, I wanna be there one da;y soon.
  • candicemcl
    Options
    Congrats! reading it brought tears to my eyes
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    Wow that i ssssooo exciting, I not help but cry reading your story. Thanks for the encouragment and reminder of how great it feels to be on a weight lose journey! God Bless you
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That story brought tears to my eyes as well, and gave me goosebumps!!! YAY for you....now hide the credit cards cause you will want to SHOP, SHOP, SHOP!!!! :bigsmile:
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    So proud of you! Your amazing and have done amazingly!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is an amazing accomplichment! From a 22 to a size 12??? Wow! I'm not sure if your ticker is calculating correctly though because it only says you lost 17 lbs....

At any rate, you deserve to go on a shopping spree for a whole new wardrobe to reward yourself for all that hard work!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Great job. I can feel your joy those are the kinds of good suprises!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Like the others-- you got me, too-- :cry:

We all totally share in your joy-- way to go!!!!!!!!
  • KimieSue
    KimieSue Posts: 4
    Options
    thats awesome keep up the good work
  • Heather1776
    Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great story and congrats on getting down to a much smaller size! That moment must have made it all worth it!!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is an amazing accomplichment! From a 22 to a size 12??? Wow! I'm not sure if your ticker is calculating correctly though because it only says you lost 17 lbs....

At any rate, you deserve to go on a shopping spree for a whole new wardrobe to reward yourself for all that hard work!!

That's funny that you questioned that. I was cursed with a 42DD bust size and that's wear the size 22 comes in. The rest of my body was a size 18-20. Nevertheless, a size 12 was out of my vocabulary. Having worn elastic waist for so many years, I was clueless to what size I was. I know now!:happy:
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    LOVE. . . . YOUR . . .STORY! ! ! ! ! So encouraging!

I know how you feel. I have Lee Rider stretch jeans in every size from 22 to 10. I remember when the size 14s were fitting well and I spent an afternoon looking for the 12s to try them on and couldn't find them. Found out later I had been wearing them all morning and didn't realize it! I cried many tears of joy!!

Congratulations on your fantastic achievements!!!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yea. I love happy endings. (Or possibly just the beginning)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!