Losing 50 Pounds, Quitting Smoking & Need Support

Options
I'm here because I have finally decided that I am going to treat myself better than I have been. All of the weight that I lost a couple of years ago has come back due to my lack of decent self-care, stress and general laziness.

In addition to my goal of losing 50 pounds, I am also quitting smoking on Thursday, so I am pretty sure that I might lose my mind completely.

I'm tired of going it alone and could use some new friends who are on a similar journey.

Replies

• Missallison7691
    Options
    I've never been a smoker but the rest sounds about right.

Welcome!
  • carriebailey72
    carriebailey72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can add me I was a heavy smoker for 25 years. I have quit smoking for 15 months and counting. I'm also trying to loose about 50 lbs. I just turned 40 in November and I'm ready to loose some weight.
  • SamanthaGetsThin
    SamanthaGetsThin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HEY! I SMOKE ALSO! I THINK IT IS GREAT AND HARD WORK TO DO WHAT YOU ARE DOING WILL YOU BE MY FIRST FRIEND ON HERE?
  • mcroyjason
    mcroyjason Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request- I am quitting smoking on Wednesday and I have 60 lbs to lose!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking on the 21st of December. I am using Chantix to assist me in doing so. I have been smoke free for 10 days now. I am also looking to lose weight. I added you.
  • lefay73
    Options
    So you'll be a day ahead of me :) Are you doing anything in particular to prepare for your quit date?
  • JerseyPook
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Welcome!!
  • loseitnow43
    Options
    You can do it! I quit smoking almost 6 years ago! It was the best thing and the HARDEST thing I have ever done! I will support you in any way I can. I would suggest not trying to lose weight and quit at the same time. You might want to focus on one before the other. BUT you can do whatever you put your mind to. I'm here if you need me.