stalker wife!

Options

Replies

• LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I'm a big person on respect. And to me, it sounds like you are disrespecting her. To post in those date/marry/one night stand boards anyways...you have to know that's not appropriate. Then to call your wife a "stalker wife".....again, not appropriate. Take into account her feelings. If it makes her uncomfortable, maybe you should consider not doing it at all and if you don't understand why it makes her uncomfortable, you two should really discuss it. Some people aren't bothered by that kind of stuff, but it doesn't make someone crazy if they are.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm a big person on respect. And to me, it sounds like you are disrespecting her. To post in those date/marry/one night stand boards anyways...you have to know that's not appropriate. Then to call your wife a "stalker wife".....again, not appropriate. Take into account her feelings. If it makes her uncomfortable, maybe you should consider not doing it at all and if you don't understand why it makes her uncomfortable, you two should really discuss it. Some people aren't bothered by that kind of stuff, but it doesn't make someone crazy if they are.

I don't think playing those games are disrespectful as long as you are upfront and honest about it. If he's hiding it, yeah, that's sketchy.

I do agree that creating a thread about her and calling it Stalker Wife just led him to huge probs. Maybe that's why he deactivated his account...lol.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If she;s upset about it just stay out of the fun and game section or stay away from all the Nonsense topics .....If all else fails put a restraining order on her :laugh: .... Kidding , I'm kidding !

Stay safe and thank you for your services.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be totally stoked if I was married to you and saw some of the things you've posted in. What's the point of those silly "snog, marry, whatever" posts? They are just dumb to me anyways.....let alone, for a married man to be posting in. I don't like the idea of married people with wandering eyes.....and that's basically what that is. There are a MILLION other message boards you could occupy your time with.

This isn't an attack on you but rather my way of making a point.

Your profile says:

=========
    About Me
    I like lamp

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    Bikini

=========

This to me is dumb. I mean, I think lamp is ok but like is pushing it. And you want to get in shape for a bikini? I try to get in shape for my health, trying to get into a bikini is kinda superficial to me.

See the point? Everybody has a reason to participate or create these threads. If they didn't, those threads would die out fast.

And as for married men. First off, its not just the men. Infact, most of the flirting around I see around MFP is done by married women. Doesn't mean its bad. They're open about it and their SO know about it but still. I take offense to you thinking that its just men. Second, if men (or women) are checking somebody out, this only makes them human. I mean, if you don't look then that is mighty great of you. But doesn't mean not everybody has to be that way
  • LMick1986
    Options

I don't think playing those games are disrespectful as long as you are upfront and honest about it. If he's hiding it, yeah, that's sketchy.

I do agree that creating a thread about her and calling it Stalker Wife just led him to huge probs. Maybe that's why he deactivated his account...lol.

Yeah, I just noticed he deactivated too. And I can agree with you. Like I said, some people aren't bothered by it. Others are. It doesn't make her a stalker just because it bothers her. I hope they can get things worked out, because from what I read, they've been together for like nine years. You just gotta respect people.
  • Amber0924
    Options
    The problem is your separated. It's hard when the person you love isn't home with you every night and then she thinks your on here flirting chatting or doing whatever with other people. Stay safe but ummm read a book defiantly make your wife happy
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I wouldn't be totally stoked if I was married to you and saw some of the things you've posted in. What's the point of those silly "snog, marry, whatever" posts? They are just dumb to me anyways.....let alone, for a married man to be posting in. I don't like the idea of married people with wandering eyes.....and that's basically what that is. There are a MILLION other message boards you could occupy your time with.

This isn't an attack on you but rather my way of making a point.

Your profile says:

=========
    About Me
    I like lamp

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    Bikini

=========

This to me is dumb. I mean, I think lamp is ok but like is pushing it. And you want to get in shape for a bikini? I try to get in shape for my health, trying to get into a bikini is kinda superficial to me.

See the point? Everybody has a reason to participate or create these threads. If they didn't, those threads would die out fast.

And as for married men. First off, its not just the men. Infact, most of the flirting around I see around MFP is done by married women. Doesn't mean its bad. They're open about it and their SO know about it but still. I take offense to you thinking that its just men. Second, if men (or women) are checking somebody out, this only makes them human. I mean, if you don't look then that is mighty great of you. But doesn't mean not everybody has to be that way

Ok, this is me totally not being a jerk. I'm not a confrontational person....I just don't want things to be confused. "I like lamp" is actually a quote from a movie. I literally was in a silly mood the day I created my profile and just tossed up the first thing I could think of. I won't apologize for liking comedies. :) And a bikini is MY motivation. I've never been classed as unhealthy, I don't have children to live for right now, I don't have all the other reasons that people have. I was at 137 pounds...not big by any means. I just wanted to be a few pounds less and look good in a bikini. Superficial or not, it was my reason and it's something I feel I can physically attain......which I can't say for "I don't want to get diabetes", etc. It's reachable to me.
    Also, I NEVER said anything about it being just men that flirt. If you read what I posted, I said "married PEOPLE with wandering eyes"......I fully am aware that women do it to. I personally don't like being in a relationship that my guy feels he has to look elsewhere. It makes me feel like I'm not enough. I don't do that to the person I'm with and I feel I deserve that in return. That's not everybody though....I get that. Like I said, it's a respect thing...she voiced her feelings about it and he pretty much disregarded them. To me, it sounds like the wife is bothered by his actions, so it sounds like her view is (even in the slightest) like mine. Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk at all, so I apologize in advance if it comes off that way. This is all just my opinion on a question that was asked.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    im in kuwait.what else is there to do? anyway why does it matter what topics i go in when its just fun and games? its not like im trying to bang anyone
    \

im talking about the would you date have a one night stand posts i think that would be highly wrong because in a sense you are cheating. cause ur thinking about what you would do with someone else. just my opinion

I agree with her... you shouldn't be posting in snog, ons or date that person threads.
  • taunto
    Options
    Ok, this is me totally not being a jerk. I'm not a confrontational person....I just don't want things to be confused. "I like lamp" is actually a quote from a movie. I literally was in a silly mood the day I created my profile and just tossed up the first thing I could think of. I won't apologize for liking comedies. :) And a bikini is MY motivation. I've never been classed as unhealthy, I don't have children to live for right now, I don't have all the other reasons that people have. I was at 137 pounds...not big by any means. I just wanted to be a few pounds less and look good in a bikini. Superficial or not, it was my reason and it's something I feel I can physically attain......which I can't say for "I don't want to get diabetes", etc. It's reachable to me.
    Also, I NEVER said anything about it being just men that flirt. If you read what I posted, I said "married PEOPLE with wandering eyes"......I fully am aware that women do it to. I personally don't like being in a relationship that my guy feels he has to look elsewhere. It makes me feel like I'm not enough. I don't do that to the person I'm with and I feel I deserve that in return. That's not everybody though....I get that. Like I said, it's a respect thing...she voiced her feelings about it and he pretty much disregarded them. To me, it sounds like the wife is bothered by his actions, so it sounds like her view is (even in the slightest) like mine. Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk at all, so I apologize in advance if it comes off that way. This is all just my opinion on a question that was asked.

You didn't came off as a jerk or anything at all and I personally feel silly even continuing this thread since the OP deactivated so I assume he just wanted to start drama or whatever.

I realize tha it was fun and games and I also realize that we have our own motivations. The point I was trying to make is that we all have our reasons. Sometimes, being desired by others, even if you are married, can be a motivation too. I mean, when you aren't around your husband do you not dress in dirty old clothes only? Of course not. You dress up decently. This doesn't mean that you will go and shag the next guy that says hello.

The men only comment I think I mistook your post a wee bit and admitedly thought that you were talking only about men. It was my fault and I apologize.

I also understand that it is a respect thing however, sometimes the demands are ridiculous. If your husband came up to you tomorrow and demanded you not talk to any guy. Ever! Wouldn't you say "who the heck are you to say that...?" Then why do you think its appropriate for a women to say that you cannot participate in these forums. I know my example isn't the best but hopefully it still made the point clear. What are the chances of him getting with one of these girls all the way from Kuwait...?
  • Missallison7691
    Options
    My Girlfriend is very jealous type so I understand

Just kidding, my hand doesn't get jealous!

Haha love it!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    He probably would get upset. Hence, I don't post often and would NEVER post in the threads that are not relevant to fitness or that are even mildly flirtatious in nature.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    You didn't came off as a jerk or anything at all and I personally feel silly even continuing this thread since the OP deactivated so I assume he just wanted to start drama or whatever.

I realize tha it was fun and games and I also realize that we have our own motivations. The point I was trying to make is that we all have our reasons. Sometimes, being desired by others, even if you are married, can be a motivation too. I mean, when you aren't around your husband do you not dress in dirty old clothes only? Of course not. You dress up decently. This doesn't mean that you will go and shag the next guy that says hello.

The men only comment I think I mistook your post a wee bit and admitedly thought that you were talking only about men. It was my fault and I apologize.

I also understand that it is a respect thing however, sometimes the demands are ridiculous. If your husband came up to you tomorrow and demanded you not talk to any guy. Ever! Wouldn't you say "who the heck are you to say that...?" Then why do you think its appropriate for a women to say that you cannot participate in these forums. I know my example isn't the best but hopefully it still made the point clear. What are the chances of him getting with one of these girls all the way from Kuwait...?

Hahah....you actually made your point on this one. At first I was sitting here thinking "Why the heck does someone need to post in those message boards?"...when you had mentioned that everybody has their reasons. I didn't get it totally at first. But now that you point out the desire to be desired, I totally get it!
    I completely get the whole being deployed thing....and from what I saw, he's been deployed A LOT. You don't get too much opposite sex interaction....and I'd imagine he doesn't get to talk to his wife all too often. So I guess I understand why he'd still want to feel/hear someone else say they'd bang him. hahha! Of course, it isn't as great on the other side of it.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    if you want to have a harmless flirt over the interwebs, why not just have 2 accounts and only tell her about 1?

i wouldn't mind if my hubby flirted. but i wouldn't want to see what he was saying!
  • taunto
    Options
    if you want to have a harmless flirt over the interwebs, why not just have 2 accounts and only tell her about 1?

i wouldn't mind if my hubby flirted. but i wouldn't want to see what he was saying!

Because these things creates doubt in a relationship and doubt is like a fresh new paper. Once you crumble it, no matter how hard to smooth it out, it will never be the same as a new paper.

Many people can be open minded but having 2 accounts and using the other account purely for flirting gives suspicion.
  • LMick1986
    Options

Oooooo girl!! That's getting into shady territory! Hahahha! I do not like being lied to or having secrets. I guess I'm just such an open, honest person, I go completely nuts if I don't get that in return.
  • g0hard0rg0h0me00
    Options

She said it best. Nice explanation.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    My boy knows he knows its a form of confidence building so he dosant care why should he its harmless fun with strangers around the world tell her to play on them x
  • CrystalZ2012
    CrystalZ2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If my husband came in here, and I thought he was flirting and playing around, yeah I would get jealous. Thats why he has all my passwords and I have his. Never had a reason to worry though. lol Maybe put your wife on your friends list and talk to her?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

Because these things creates doubt in a relationship and doubt is like a fresh new paper. Once you crumble it, no matter how hard to smooth it out, it will never be the same as a new paper.

Many people can be open minded but having 2 accounts and using the other account purely for flirting gives suspicion.

however, i trust my hubby. i already know he's a shocking flirt. so am i! if i want to flirt (and flirt- not talk dirty or be sexually graphic) i will. and he doesn't mind either. we both know we're not going to do anything.
    if OP wants to flirt (and nothing else) and his wife is too insecure to allow him to do it, then yeah, open up a different account. only if you know that it won't lead anywhere. if you're a fella on the cusp of throwing one in someone else, then don't tempt fate (unless cheating is something you're looking for- if it is then you're a cad and a scoundrel!).
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    1116385_o.gif