REAL motivation...should I workout tonight?

Options
So this is my situation

- Been working out everyday this week
- I have a formal this saturday which im trying to look very good in my dress!
- I have been eating NO CARBS this week... (except I have been eating chocolate...oops.... )
- Only been eating fruits and veggies and sooommmmeee lean protein w/tea and water
- BUT TONIGHT I BINGED!!! On honey nut cheerios, 2 yogurts with a small amount of granola and peanut butter and M&Ms :''(

Should I go workout?? I went over my calories today....and my sugar has been really high...

Replies

• ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you know that you will feel better for doing a bit of a workout, then go ahead. Sometimes when we feel like we should, but we don't...we end up feeling bad, which leads to eating something unhealthy....and you don't want that!!
  • jill5196
    jill5196 Posts: 6
    Options
    Here's what I say to myself when the alarm clock is going off for me to go to the gym, "will I regret it if I don't go? Will I regret it if I do?" The answer to this is always, I will NOT regret it if I get up and get moving, but if I stay in bed I will most likely regret it later in the day, week or month.
    Hope this will help motivate you too. But don't be so hard on yourself. Your body may have needed those calories. Make sure that while you are eating healthy you are not depriving your body of those needed calories and protein and fat that it needs to function. You don't want to mess up your metabolism or injure yourself due to poor nutrition.
    Good luck and have fun at your formal!:drinker:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents...If the word "should I" come into play, then you already have the answer. You can justify not working out....or you can get in a quick 10 minute jump rope session and burn 100 calories, quick, easy, and guaranteed you'll feel better.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your advice :)