Christmas weight - and losing it quickly!

Options
This was kind of interesting to me. I didn't log for four days - Christmas Day, Wed, Thus and Fri. And I ate. A lot. My Christmas food theory is that you eat and drink everything in sight till the Christmas treats run out, then you get back on track.

Anyway, my weight the Friday before Christmas was 66.7 kgs. Then on Saturday this week it was 69.5 - nearly three kilo gain in a week.

Saturday I start logging and watching sodium, drinking plenty of water etc. Sunday, my weight had dropped to 68.6 and today (Monday) it was 67.4. I also noticed this morning that my Christmas "baby" bloat had pretty much disappeared. Still nearly a kilo up, but not bad, considering the crap that I ate! (also, my goal weight starting MFP was 68kgs - 150 pounds, so still maintaining)

So, it really proved to me how much "weight" is actually food and water weight, rather that "fat". Good lesson in ignoring the scales :)

And the moral is: Christmas comes just once a year - don't deprive yourself :) Once you are on track the "weight" comes off easily. But you do need the self-discipline to stop the feasting! (and given that hot cross buns are ALREADY in the shops here, temptation is everwhere!)

Replies

• cheekychicken69
    cheekychicken69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Funny you should say this similar has happened to me, I gained 8lb over Xmas (well from the 20th to 26th) and started back logging here 3 days ago, I have already lost the 8lb I gained and a teensy bit more, so its deffo been complete overindulgence and sheer weight of food in my opinion! I thought I was imagining things and I had misread how much I had gained, till I read this!
  • gem25984
    Options
    I refused to weigh myself til after xmas, i ate what i wanted, few chocolates, few biscuits, pigs in blankets but i was surprised i didnt go to town on the whole 'xmas eat what you want' i didnt want xmas pudding/cake ect so i was pleased to jump on the scales this morning to find id gain a big fat NOTHING :-) (i did eat 2 takeaways 2 nights in a row 30/12/and 31/12)
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yay you. Well Done. On the other hand, I did eat pudding, and cheesecake and white christmas ...... :) Probably not as much as previous years, but still so much that I had a food "baby" for a couple of days!
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It always surprises me how fast my body rids the extra food and water weight! It makes me appreciate my body so much. Koodos to you for getting back down!

I rid myself of my Christmas food baby, only now to end up with a New Years food baby, owell, it will be gone soon enough too :)
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I just wish it didn't create that awful food baby to start with, lol
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds over the last two weeks. I did try to eat healthy most days, but I gave in some days too. I enjoyed the holidays more this year than any other because I didnt go overboard everyday, just a few. If I hadn't been on MFP and faithfully logging my calories everyday, even days when they were off the charts, I do believe I would have gained way more than 2 pounds, just like every other year.
  • sarahmania
    sarahmania Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tried really hard but was in US for holiday, didn't log but was really careful and denied myself lots of food that I would have loved to eat. Got on scale and have gained 3lbs! Hoping its just water as really thirsty and think I'm holding onto it all. Starting back logging tomorrow and may even try 5:2 alternate fasting once I get going again :(