Protein/Carb/Fat percentage extension for Chrome

Options
tanyizzle
tanyizzle Posts: 56 Member
My husband made an extension for Google Chrome that adds Protein/Carbs/Fat percentages to any food diary page when you look at it. It's really helpful if you are trying to hit a certain ratio with each meal or overall for the day.

Go here to install it (only for Google Chrome browser users): http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/104606 and click the "Install" button on the top-right of the page.

Hope it can help someone!

P.S. - It would be really cool if MyFitnessPal added this same output and a graph even to the food diary ;)

Replies

• Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Bump
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up so that you can track calories and 5 other things all at once. Really, it tracks it all, but can only show you 6 at a time. My diary is set up to show Calories Carbs Fat Fiber Protein Sugar, I don't need any add ons to do this.

I'm not entirely sure what the extension offers since I can already see protein/carb/fat %s. Does the extension show those items on other people's diaries? You can just hit the button at the bottom of the diary that says 'view full report' to see it. It does bring up a different webpage so I can see the extension being a timesaver in that aspect.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Oh, that is AWESOME!!!! Thank you! :)
  • tanyizzle
    Options
    MFP is set up so that you can track calories and 5 other things all at once. Really, it tracks it all, but can only show you 6 at a time. My diary is set up to show Calories Carbs Fat Fiber Protein Sugar, I don't need any add ons to do this.

I'm not entirely sure what the extension offers since I can already see protein/carb/fat %s. Does the extension show those items on other people's diaries? You can just hit the button at the bottom of the diary that says 'view full report' to see it. It does bring up a different webpage so I can see the extension being a timesaver in that aspect.

I don't see any percentages when I view my full report, just the amounts in calories and grams... This also shows the percentages for each meal, your daily total, and your goal. Yes.. this does add that info to other diaries as well.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    So nice!!! Thank your husband for me and thank you for sharing!!!

I'm attempting "the zone" of 40-30-30 --- but gave up since it wasn't the easiest to figure out when I didn't eat all my calories (not to mention it was just a daily total). This makes it SO much easier!!!!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thank you!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    oh %s instead of g/oz :) I see! That is a neat little tool, cool of him to make that up.
  • tanyizzle
    Options
    Updated to 1.0.2 -- sorry guys.. this fixes the bug that prevents you from clicking on completing your diary, etc.. Now it should actually do something when clicked :)
  • tanyizzle
    Options
    Updated to 1.0.2 -- sorry guys.. this fixes the bug that prevents you from clicking on completing your diary, etc.. Now it should actually do something when clicked :)

Forgot to say.. to install the new version, just goto the link http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/104606 and click install again.. This will perform an install or an upgrade if you already have it.

To check what version you have, click on the wrench icon (top-right) in Chrome, and select Tools -> Extensions.

Hope you enjoy it!
  • bompus
    bompus Posts: 1
    Options
    This has been updated to a Google Chrome Extension, available for free in the Chrome Web Store @ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/myfitnesspal-food-diary-p/iihalhcnelmolmliablkcmhahdnfcejf
  • DebiS1972
    Options
    Bump for %
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    sounds good, I will get it once I am back on my normal PC