How far did you run in 2012?

Options
I just completed the last run of the year, 7 km with enough wind to almost blow me (all 110 kg of me) off the mountain, That gives me a December total of 79 km and a yearly total of 261 km!

I got back to running through the C25K program in August and have made it a part of my life with getting up extra early to run before work and committing my Saturday mornings to a long run - the only daylight run available to me. Proud to say I've not stepped foot a treadmill even in snow and hail so getting some fresh air has been an added benefit!

How far did you run this year?

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    not counted up but flipping miles!
    aiming for quality in 2013 as I want to start improving times.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I want to run further; my goal for next year is to complete a half marathon!

I would love more runner friends on here, so feel free to add me everyone!
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear my HRM for every run and I'm not disciplined about tracking the treadmill or other runs. According to Garmin I logged 297 miles in 2012. I estimate another 200 on the treadmill or in races where I didn't have the Garmin (i.e. the Spartan races).
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    Options
    Anyone else who's been running in 2012?
  • impojr
    impojr Posts: 52
    Options
    Well I only started running in April but I managed to knock off 591km
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I only started logging my runs in September 12 (although I had completed 3-4 10km runs and training runs)

so from September I logged 320 miles (512 km) so I think I am more likely at about 500 miles (800 km)

OP: Good luck with your 1/2 marathon - I am aiming for my first Marathon & middle distance triathlon this year :drinker:
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I only started running in September and since then I've run 179 miles (can't quite believe it!)
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    Options
    I think my goal for 2013 is going to be running 1000 km - I currently run around 80 per month which makes 960 in a year so rounding up that seems plausible! And I have a thing for even numbers...
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    Options
    Well I only started running in April but I managed to knock off 591km

That's aweseome! Well done!
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Didn't start counting until November (115 miles), managed 106 in December.

Already 7 this year, not sure what to aim for 1000, 1200?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Started c25k at the end of January - started tracking my miles in February or so - total of 330 miles for the year. Not bad for someone who always hated running! :smile: Aiming for more miles in 2013!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Excellent question - I started using Endomondo in late 2012 and according to them I logged a grand total of 394.73 miles (that includes all of my FitBit daily steps) Not too shabby!:bigsmile:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I dont run, HATE running. I walk
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    3630.5km = 2255miles. Give or take :-)
  • loubylou1969
    loubylou1969 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I ran 320 miles (515km) during 2012!

Want to improve on that this year!
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant from feb ( found out) to oct and ran the whole time managing a total of 410 miles...not great but I am happy I was able to run throughout my pregnancy. I've ran a few times since having chunky butt, but not what I'd like!!

Shooting for 1000 miles this year.. Already signed up for a half in may and a few trail runs in February and march!!
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just ran my Garmin report and ended up with 189.6 mi for the year, which is disappointing for me, but really not that bad considering I was out with injury until mid-March and then again from May to August. Suffice it to say I eased back in when I restarted in August and strength training is now taking up some time that I used to would have been running. More miles for 2013!
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Only started running at the beginning of August and clocked 385 miles.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I started C25K on January 28th... Finished with a 5.5 mile run yesterday... Total of 884 miles for the year.

For 2013 my goal is to average 5k a day (1131.5 miles total)