Fell off the wagon

Options
My grandma died last week and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner. Given the circumstances, Thanksgiving dinner came off fantastic. Unfortunately I stuffed myself thursday through Sunday. I'm afraid to get on the scale. I think I just undid everything I had accomplished before Thanksgiving.

:cry:

Replies

• rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    My grandma died last week and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner. Given the circumstances, Thanksgiving dinner came off fantastic. Unfortunately I stuffed myself thursday through Sunday. I'm afraid to get on the scale. I think I just undid everything I had accomplished before Thanksgiving.

:cry:
  • Kbrain228
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother! I to fell off the wagon Thursday through yesterday. I just keep telling myself atleast I have taken the first step in starting my life style change again! I wish the best for you and maybe we can hold on till Christmas!
  • baskettc
    Options
    :ohwell: I am also sorry to hear about your loss. I fell off and under the wagon. I feel awful about it. I binged because I was unhappy. We can do better tommorrow. I feel guilty about throwing away all that food but I am worth it. And you are worth it. see ya Cee cee
  • Jump_Start
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Just breathe, and start the new day off with confidence. You can do it :happy:
  • Vontreesa
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your grandmother and you will be in my prayers.

I also stuffed myself from Thanksgiving through the weekend but I continued to exercise. I weighed myself Friday morning after Thanksgiving and I managed to gain 5 pounds. I was determined to lose those 5 pounds becuz I felt heavy again. So, I woke up this morning and weighed and I'm back down to 133. :happy:

sounds like a lot of weight but I started at 151
    my goal is 125!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I love eating so if I can do it you can DO IT!!!

~Be Blessed~
  • nhlawguy
    Options
    Sorry about your loss. I too fell off the wagon, and was run over by it also. I ate WAY too much. But you know what? Thats OK because I bust by butt when I go to the gym, and I know that I can afford to go crazy everyone once in a great while as long as it doesn't happen often. Rewarding yourself is a good thing, as long as you put the effort back into your workouts.

Everyone falls off every once in a while, just be sure to get back on :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    rethun01,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I think of my grandma "Mamie" every day; and she died 25 years ago. She was my best friend ever. :cry:

If we can't eat a bunch on Thankgiving, then I don't know when we can. We are all thinking of you, and we'll be working out with you this week (and probably having leftovers!) and missing our families.

~cheryl
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Thanks for all the amazing support! :heart:

I went to do cardio this morning and forced myself to get on the scale. I'm back up three pounds. It stinks, but its not the end-all.

I just feel gross!! But I worked out very hard this morning, and I've got spin class tomorrow night and Friday morning. And I've been counting my calories the past two days. So hopefully it comes off quickly and doesn't get me too off track.

The ultimate goal is 150 by 12/28... the day we leave for our honeymoon. Now I'm 12 pounds away. The next 30 days will be tough... especially through Christmas. But with all of your help I'm sure I can do it!!