13 hours into the lifestyle change 945 calories burnt boooom

Options
Hey MFP people,

I'm looking for friends to motivate me and for me to motivate them in shedding this 20 pound weight gain in 2 years! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!? Im a student and an exercise addict but an over-eatter beyond belief! Would also really appreciate any advice on Protein that people have Im aiming to increase the amount I have in my diet, would people recommend a low calorie protein powder/ dessert powder things or should I just pile up on the chicken and fish! I have a serious sweet tooth this is the only issue!

Any advice or requests very much appreciated!

Replies

• Reptileszz
    Reptileszz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    While grilled Chicken and fish are your very best friends (I eat tons of chicken personally) there are a couple of low cal protein powders that I have used. I looked and looked for the lowest cal per g of protein and came up with Wheybolic Extreme 60 from GNC as one of the best. It uses fake sugar but the taste is ok. It has 93 cals and 20g of protein per scoop. If you look at the container the serving size is huge, 3 scoops. The other one I have found that is good is Blue Bonnet Whey Protein Isolate. It has 116 cals and 26g of protein and it tastes a little better with stevia instead of one of other face sugars the other one has. I find either of these palatable enough in 8 oz of skim milk. Oh and I used Chocolate for both of these.

There are so many powders out there with tons of cals in them. Good luck!
  • LessFatMoreMuscle
    Options
    Thanks very much for the advice! I had a similar thought about the calorie content of protein powders creeping up due to the sugar they add I guess? Do you think either of those products could be some how whisked and beated into an angel delight type sweet treat? Or is that wishful thinking beyond belief?
  • Reptileszz
    Reptileszz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure at all about baking with it. I tried to nuke some with oatmeal one day and the results were lumpy and weird. I dont see why you couldnt try it. You can google cooking with protein powder and see what comes up?
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Do you think either of those products could be some how whisked and beated into an angel delight type sweet treat? Or is that wishful thinking beyond belief?

Google " protein fluff"
    Plenty of ideas.
  • SHOgirl
    Options
    I'm a sweet tooth also, but have found the BSN Lean Dessert a life saver for breakfast. I usually nuke 1/2 cup oatmeal in 1 cup water ... let it cool a bit and add one tablespoon of BSN Fresh Cinnamon Roll protein powder and stir it up. A tablespoon of BSN adds about 7 g. protein, 50 calories, 2.5 g. carbs) I love cinnamon too, so usually throw a teaspoon of that in too for added flavor. Maybe half a banana or a Tablespoon of raisins ... Yummy!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for the advice! I had a similar thought about the calorie content of protein powders creeping up due to the sugar they add I guess? Do you think either of those products could be some how whisked and beated into an angel delight type sweet treat? Or is that wishful thinking beyond belief?

Never tried myself, but I do fully expect that if anyone has, related recipes will be on allrecipes.com. It can be searched by "ingredient", and by putting in "protein powder", I got the following 12 hits.

http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?ms=0&origin=Recipe&qt=i&pqt=i&fo=0&rt=r&w0=protein powder
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey is also a good protein powder. 1 scoop has 120 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbs & 1g sugar, and 24g protein. I prefer Double Rich chocolate flavor. Both GNC & The Vitamin Shoppe sell this brand. Another quick & easy source of protein I use all the time is plain, nonfat greek yogurt. 6 oz has 100 calories & 18g protein (& 7g sugar). I try to have protein with every meal; it seems to help me feel fuller. At breakfast, this almost always means yogurt. For snacks, 6 oz greek yogurt with an apple or other serving of fruit would be sweet & filling at the same time.
  • LessFatMoreMuscle
    Options
    Thanks so much for all these ideas guys! WIll google around for the protein fluff, see what I can find. Greek yoghurt I already use, sometimes with jam I think I need to retrain my taste buds to less sugar haha.

Thanks very much everyone.