bulimia eating disorder?!

Options
does anyone have a problem of bulimia eating disorder over a period of diet?
how to prevent it?

Replies

• myironlungx3
    myironlungx3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    an eating disorder is something thats very hard to overcome on your own
    i'd suggest looking into a therapist or something
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I got over it by ensuring I never starved myself, so even if I didn't want to eat I'd eat a healthy meal. If I binged I didn't excessively restrict the next day, just got straight back on the normal diet. For me it's about avoiding big binges, and if I do have to 'go over' doing so with more healthy foods that have nutritional value so the guilt is less. For me it was about avoiding the starvation that lead to binging.
  • horselady34
    horselady34 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    No I haven't had bulimia, however I have suffered from anorexia for quite a while but its not something that will go away on its own, its serious and needs to be addressed.. Its very consuming and evil, please get help!
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I am a recovering bulimic. Please seek the help of a psychotherapist who specializes in eating disorders. Eating disorders are very complicated. The bulimia itself is just the physical manifestation of deep emotional and psychological issues. Dieting will only make it worse because you need to address the underlying issues before you can look at food in a healthy way. I know what I'm talking about - I struggled with bulimia for 15 years and it wasn't until I had spent 3 years in therapy working on my various issues did I finally start eating like a normal person and lose weight. Please get help.