2013 New Year Kick Off Support Thread

Options
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! =) It's 2013 !! Can you believe it?!?! Seems like 2012 flew by!
But okay enough of that extra talk, let's get down to business!
So I don't know about you my friends but I have a feeling in my bones, in my body that
THIS YEAR WILL BE OUR YEAR & BY MAY OR EVEN THE END OF 2013 WE WILL
BE ROCKING AND ROLLING AND BREAKING NECKS GALORE!

But we can't do it alone! You may think you can? & My friend you can
But who would want to do it alone, when there are million gajillions of
people out there who have the same goals as you !!!

So too kick off the new year, new you, and the operation 2013 beast mode takeover
Why not start off with a nice, firm, same-goal oriented SUPPORT THREAD!

We welcome the new members, old memebers, returning members, any and everyone!
So let's introduce ourselve shall we and bring in 2013 with a BANG!

Let me put a little birdy in your ear and tell you that there
is a group and Weekly and Daily Challenges for you here
>> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10385-daily-weekly-challenges-for-you
if your that type of person that loves loves loves challenges like me to
keep your mojo fist pumping! =)

I'm Meaghan, 22 years young, Senior in college, Elementary Ed. Major. 228 horrible lbs,
but that's alright , that's okay, im going to beat my weights butt starting today wooooo-hoooo!
:laugh: . I'm from NC, I'm dominican, and if you allow me and even if you don't I WILL BE YOUR
#1 SUPPORTER, BEST FRIEND,LIFELONG BUDDY IN THIS JOURNEY! Trust and believe me! :heart: :bigsmile:

So Let's get it started folks!!! =) Tell me about your self why dontcha mate? :wink:

Replies

• racheljanean
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rachel, 20 years old, and I am a junior in college. I've been on MFP about three months ago and I lost a good 10 pounds, but with school and work, I began overeating due to stresss and ended up deactivating my account. After hearing some of my family make comments about my weight during the holiday, I felt like the new year was to prove to them and myself that I could re-gain control of my weight. I will definetly be joining this group because I can use all the support I can get! Thanks for creating this thread!
  • AshleyTonks
    AshleyTonks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Heeelllloooooo! I am Ashley. I am 29 years old and I am working on my Bachelor's degree and only have 8 clases left!! I am also in the military. It is in my job description that I have to weigh a certain amount. But I am always super close if not right at it. I am not happy with the way I look. I am not happy with how I feel about my body. I want to be toned. I want to be thin. I want to feel as pretty on teh outside as I feel on the inside. I weight 178 pounds right now. Which is a loss of 7 pounds from when I started. Lets get through this stuff together people!
  • aCate88
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Amanda. I'm a 24 year old college student it's my senior year of my bachelor degree in Social Work. I also work two jobs which even out to usually being around 55 hours. My crazy work/school schedule has got me off track and I gained all the weight I lost back :/ ohh well no more excuses new year fresh start! :)
  • couts0608
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Chris and I'm 29. I work as a counselor in a local school district and have been focusing on a LOT of things in my life lately other than myself and my health! My husband and I would like to start a family however - I am over 30 pounds heavier than when we got married about 4 and a half years ago. I'm really looking forward to being not just a lighter but healthier mom! I also LOVE food - cutting out foods (especially sweets like chocolate) is NOT something that works for me. Thus - having MFP is huge for me. I love that I can learn where and when I can work in my one sweet treat for the day. I'm on day two of MFP and I've already learned that I don't "NEED" that extra helping of sugar - it'll be there tomorrow if I want it!

I also LOVE cooking and baking and am SO looking forward to working some new and healthier magic in the kitchen - especially when it comes to things that can kick my sweet craving but not be super unhealthy!

I'm also trying to get active again - but....DH and I are on a tight budget and a gym membership isn't in the cards right now. We were given a Wii and some activity games like Wii fit and a Jillian Michael's program for Christmas last year. I'm going to do those but need suggestions for other things! We live in a VERY cold part of the country and I'm not an outdoor enthusiast during the winter months - thus, going outside and "playing" doesn't work for me!!! lol If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Looking forward to working hard with you all!
  • pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Getting back into the swing of things. Haven't really been good for the past 3 months. I NEED some new friends for support, so please add me! Happy New Year everyone. Lets lose some weight together!
  • KirinReal
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Christa, a 23 year-old librarian living just outside of Toronto. I've been trying to lose weight on and off for about two years, but I find it hard to get myself motivated. I joined a gym once when they had a special offer, but even then it was just too pricy. So I've set a goal for myself to get into shape this year. When I heard about this site, I thought I'd give it a try and hopefully it will do me well.
  • meghan_lovely
    meghan_lovely Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Meg and I am 28, a special education teacher, wife and mother of a two year old. I have ALMOST hit the 200 mark and I don't want to go back there. Recently, I have put everything else in place of my health and I can't let this happen anymore. I lost 30 lbs. about 5 years ago but life happens and I have gained almost all of it back! I am ready to get serious about taking care of myself and staying healthy. I want to be able to manage all the things I have going on in my life and I know the only way to do that is to FEEL GOOD! I can't to have more energy and start feeling beautiful again! Feel free to add me I could use all the motivation I can get! :)
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    welcome everybody!!! = )
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How many lbs do you want to lose in a month?