Where will I be On May 1, 2013

Options
Hi and Happy New Year.

I choose this title because some will disconnect from mfp over the next several months. Hoping to connect with people struggling with weight and developing network of support buddies. Come May 1, 2013 we will have stories to share of progress in spite of challenges.

I just finished reading an article by Al Roker and he said something that was impactful for me. When he finally began keeping wieght off even after gaining back from surgery was when he stopped beating himself up for going off his food regime.

That hit home for me because I will mess up and then say ahh forget it but so far even though I have messed up have been able to just continue on. It has only been several weeks and about one week of tracking with myfitnesspal and it is working.

Today I dust off and unbury the treadmill my daughter gave me last year and that same motto will apply most likely will not do every day but every day I do will be good. I look forward to talking with others...losing wieght is so hard but so worth it for many reasons.
:smile:

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I hope you are able to accomplish everything you want in 2013.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for payday to get Al's new book that came out yesterday. But I have read bits and pieces of it. I have had WLS. Even having had this surgery, I can still gain weight...If I eat to many carbs or calories. So those days that I do mess up and don't see a loss or worse yet, see a gain, I don't beat myself up any more. I dust myself off and start again. I don't wait till the next day...I start in that moment by drinking water, planning out what to eat the rest of the day and exercising. We can't let these little stumbles stop the good we do.
  • nette28
    Options
    Thanks life has been on an interesting journey the last 18 months and this year hopefully will be my time to reflect on myself and figure out the best for me.
  • nette28
    Options
    Hi, the article read was about his upcoming book which I too plan to buy...one of the struggles is when at work during the new year as 90% if people decide to lose weight and critque others food choices based on their needs...often takes a sense of humor in the lunchroom
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This is a life long haul as long as we try to do better than yesterday I think we are a success. I find it interesting how many of these celebrities and a lot of other people have gained weight after weight loss surgery. Just goes to show there is no such thing as a magic fix for weight loss. The only way to do it is to eat less and move more. Period end of story.
  • dewathy
    Options
    Hi. I started my weight loss journey as of yesterday 12/31/12. A true test of will---I need eating behavior modification, learning to eat only when I'm hungry and not be the emotional eater that I am. I have twice been set up for WLS and both times did not do it. I am determined to do this now---on my own. I cannot exercise---as I have very bad osteoarthritic knees, shortness of breath when exerting any exercise and am morbidly obese. My size -- at present I weigh 394-- is also hindering me from exercising at this point. Once I lose enough weight to move around easier and without the constant shortness of breath/gasping for air, I can start walking. Just looking for others who want to chat about weight loss and offer any helpful hints.