Year-End Total losses or Overall losses - New Year Check-in

Options
Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
Even with sodium swelling & holiday piggy overeating... I still did my official start of the year weigh-in and measurements. It is a time to look at all we've accomplished and look forward to what we will do in the New Year. Here are my results, what are yours?

Overall losses to date (and I didn't start measuring my arms & neck until June of this year so not as much progress, only 6 months recorded on them) are:

Weight -67 pounds
Neck -1"
Waist -5.3"
Hips -9.5"
Bust -5.8"
Ribs -3.5"
R Arm -1"
L Arm -1.3"
R Thigh -5.2"
L Thigh -5.5"
Body Fat %age -8.6%
BMR -309 calories
BMI -10.1

Not too shabby. I didn't accomplish all that I wanted to. I didn't break the next weight category and 70 pounds total, but I did come darn close and I'll finish that goal in January to be sure. And I didn't make it from Obese into just Overweight for BMI but I'm within .9 of that goal. Wonder what this year will bring? I wonder how fast I can change that BMI number. So, I shared my numbers.... how did y'all do?

exercise.png

Replies

• Doberdawn
    Options
    P.S. On a side note... I lost 1/2 of the total inches off my arms (1/2") during the last 2 months. It just goes to show that lifting weight does help you get rid of the fat and does NOT bulk up a woman. My arms are actually smaller yet noticeably stronger. I have more than doubled the weight I lift with them since I started and I am not remotely bulky. Just thought I'd share that tip.

exercise.png
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    You can also post clothing size losses. I don't remember mine. I know it was a couple/few sizes.

exercise.png
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I don't have all of the measurements you do, but I started 2012 at 211, and went down to 190 by April.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started 8/1 of this year....Year End losses are...

SW - 300
    CW - 248
    GW - 170-190

Waist - 6.5 inches
    Hips - 6 inches
    BMI Start - 48.4
    Current BMI - 40
    Body Fat start - 53%
    Current Body Fat - 41%

Overall toned up! Muscles are appearing in places I didn't know existed and my overall cardio stamina is way up!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I am 129 pounds today, and down from busting out of a size 14 jean to an easy zip and nicely fitted size 6 jean (lost 45 pounds) from 12/31/11 ... I am at goal weight and have set new fitness goals for 2013. I am going to run a 10 minute mile consistently and make it thru 60 minutes of Barre 3 and an adult ballet class with out stopping and doing all the steps, weights and planks/pushups!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    I lost about 10 pounds or so. I really dug in when I saw the scale at 150 and now I'm down to 139.5!

This year my focus is to continue to gain muscle and build definition. I'll take my measurements this time around versus focusing on the scale.

Great job everyone on your success last year and best of luck to everyone in the days ahead!!!
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    55lbs lost

size 14/16 down to size 2/3

haven't taken measurements in a while.....i know my waist went from about 36/38" to 25"

happy new year everyone....:)
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I didnt measure everything in the beginning- but here is what I did measure:
    Weightloss in 2012 - 73 lbs
    SW: 225
    CW: 152.5
    GW: 125
    Bust : 6 inches
    Waist: 8 inches
    Hips: 11 inches

Went from a size 18 to a size 10/12.
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No body measurements, now I wish I had kept up with those. I started out last year at over 216 lbs. I'm now bouncing between 149 and 150 with 66 lbs lost. I have went from the obese catagory to the top of the healthy weight catagory.
    I went from a size 16 jeans and a 3x shirt to a size 8 jeans and a large shirt.
    Best thing I have ever done for myself!
    In the new year, I plan on concentrating on overall fitness with increasing my run times and strengh training to get rid of this extra flab. I still have about 15 lbs to goal, but that is a far cry from 80 lbs. Thanks MFP! 2013 looks like it is going to be a great year!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have lost 67 pounds this year--down from a tight 24 to a 14. Have lost 8 inches in the waist, 3 inches in the neck. Still have about 50 pounds to go to reach my goal. Made my goal for the end of the year.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    no measurements but i lost 48 pounds
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Went from 14 to 6 (then gained back to current size 8)
    -went from 198 to 163... i was 147 and gained some back (i'm 5'8)
    -Neck: -1in
    -Bicep: -3in
    -Forearm: -0.75in
    -Chest : -8in
    -Waist: -6.5in
    -Hips: -7in
    -Thigh: -4in
    -Calf: -1in

total inches lost in 2012: -31.25in
    Total inches lost since 2011: -49.75in
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    44lbs lost :):):)
  • MommaShorty
    MommaShorty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    From my weight that is written down last Jan 1 I was at 246 but I know at one point in the year I was up to 252 now Im down to 238. So not as impressive as everyone else but I did lose!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I didn't keep good records, but I lost no less than 40 lbs, and my body looks like it's someone else's now. The ladies at work ask me what my "secret is"...and when I tell them I don't eat McDonalds, I track my meals, and I exercise, and then their faces get a little sad, lol...The secret is...there is no secret.
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I've lost between 42 and 48 lbs depending on which scale I use. I was a size 16 in pants earlier this year and now I'm a size 13. I'm hoping to get down to a size 10, but with my body type I don't think I'll get to be any smaller than that. Not that I'm complaining. I'm already getting compliments just from being a size 13. XD
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My weight seems to move within a 3 pound range but in the past year I lost a size and 4% body fat.
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 203 pounds to 162 pounds
    Body fat percentage: currently 15 - 16%, down from 18%+
    Shirt Size: XL (XXL for some makes) to M - (L some makes)
    Pants: L to M and 36 to 32

still have same goal from before New Year, drop the body fat!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I started on my 49th birthday, Aug 27th, with a goal to be skinny by 50. Wasn't sure exactly how I was going to do it, but I was determined to do whatever it took to lose 73 pounds. (wouldn't exactly put me at skinny, but it would put me in the healthy weight range for my height).

It didn't take long to see changes, not changes just in the mirror, but more so in my brain. I have learned so much in the past 4 months.

I have learned-
    I have to love myself enough to make life long changes. To tell myself 'no' at times. To commit to a life long process of diet and exercise.
    That being healthy is much more important than being skinny.
    That weight loss and health takes time, and patience, and perseverance.
    That I am worth the effort!

I started at 228 and am now sitting at 198. One-derland Baby!
    I went from a snug size 20 to a 16.
    I no longer get tired out from taking a shower. (sad, isn't it)
    I hit my max heart rate for the first time a few weeks ago, and didn't die!
    I truly enjoy exercise now. I can ride my recumbent 3 wheel bike up to 5 miles without stopping, even going up hills.
    I can ride my indoor stationary bike for over an hour.
    I sleep better. No more snoring, so my hubby sleeps better too!
    I have so much more energy and endurance.
    I am always in a good mood now. (well, most always)
    I feel so much better all around. Less arthritic pain. Less pain in my spine and knees. Fewer headaches. (I think I have had 2 in the past 4 months)

If only 30 pounds made this much of a difference in my life, I can't even imagine what it will be like when I get the next 40+ off.

I am looking forward to swimsuit season. Wha-what??

When you get to the point that you are TRULY willing to do whatever it takes to get healthy, then that is when it will happen.
    I lost the past 10 years of my life being so unhealthy, and missing out on so much. But no more. It feels great to be back in the game! Bring it on 2013!!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I love these threads! Very motivating.

Here are my year-end stats:

Weight: -37 pounds
    Waist: -8 inches
    Hips: -7 inches
    Bust: -7 inches
    Stomach (over belly button): -8 inches
    Calves: -1 inch
    Neck: -1.5 inches

Way to go everyone on your results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!