Why I won't be drinking tonight. Shock horror!

Options
2»

Replies

• bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you, i said the same thing all morning, i have since changed my mind.

I keep flip-flopping. It's going to be pouring rain here so I am staying in, cooking, and having a couple of friends over. Totally low-key. But I have stuff for Pimms Cups, a couple bottles of wine, and a bottle of champagne in the fridge. Not sure which way I'll go.

Last year I was in San Antonio for NYE and the next morning I was the first of my friends awake, so I left them sleeping and went for a run on the Riverwalk with maybe two other runners out there. So peaceful and the opposite of the craziness of the night before. It was an awesome start to my year. I plan on running tomorrow as long as it's not raining. It's a new tradition for me.

Plus, running makes me feel better when I'm hungover.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    NYE is for amateurs. I can drink any time I want to.
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For me, alcohol is a gateway drug to food. So I'll be kicking off an alcohol-free fitness-focused January with a dry New Year's Eve. Nice to know I'm not the only one. :smile:
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    We're not drinking either as we have a 10k run tomorrow in Hyde Park (London).

My plan is to run 13 in '13 and this is number 1 - starting the year as I mean to go on.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
  • _blizzard_
    _blizzard_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking this year so I won't be drinking either. I say if you want to celebrate something it's much more fun to be present and have a memory of it! Lol! Club soda and lime for me, thank you!
  • emilykg12
    Options
    I've been looking for reasons to NOT drink lately. In Montana, if you don't like snow, it seems like all there is to do is hang out with friends at bars and breweries. I keep telling myself that I won't drink for a month (or even a week!), and then I get the phone call to join people for happy hour.

2012 could have sucked in a lot of different ways, so I'm ending it on a positive note. I'm newly single, motivated to do the things that I want to do, and taking time to be in control of how I feel about myself. I'm excited! I won't be drinking, either. I'm excited to wake up tomorrow, not hungover!
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I'm not drinking tonight either....I will probably be asleep before midnight. I've had enough party over the past week or so. It is supposed to be very nice weather tomorrow - I'm getting up early, meeting some like minded people and going for a vigorous winter hike in the mojntains.

Fresh air, crisp snow, beautiful scenery, green tea in thermos, first day of the new year - It's going to be good!

and I don't want to be hung over and miss that :)
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I WILL be drinking tonight. want to try out my skinny girl margaritas. however, I learned a long time ago that a few drinks doesn't have to = drunk or hungover. I plan to still get up early tomorrow (just like I did last year) and go snowshoeing.

enjoy the night everyone!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't need NYE to drink. I can drink whenever I want to. I'm not going to be drinking like crazy tonight. Tomorrow on New Years Day we have a great big lunch outing with the whole family and I'm banking my calories for that! I prefer to eat my calories. I haven't been drunk since...my 20s! Maybe it's just me but I don't find getting drunk great.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Truly great post. I too am not starting my new year with a hangover. To eating clean and feeling great, cheers!
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    You guys made my morning :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I realized I hadn't drunk in all of 2012...Not one single stinking drink, beer, glass of bubbly, NOTHING. And you know what I miss most about it? Not a god damn thing. 2013 will be as successful as you want to make it! Good luck!
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great post. Wish I would have read it yesterday since I'm nursing a hangover right now. Oh well, today is another day. fresh start.
    Happy New Year everyone!