Fit by Fifty

Options
Gwenski
Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
Hello.. I'm a 47 yr. old woman, 5'2 with a BMI over 50 - and that has GOT to change! I was so happy to read about the woman that said that she's a cheerleader for us. It's good to know that others for support. I have lost 9 pounds in the last 5 weeks.
I joined in mid-December and must say that I love the food diary - really helps me be honest and accountable.
I've posted a few times and just found out that it's better if you put something on your profile so people know you are sticking around. I really want to. My biggest challenge right now? The mountain just looks so high.. I have soo far to go.. but I have to take this one day at a time. I just wish I could fast-forward to even a smaller goal.. I know.. patience, grasshopper!
Will post a display pic when I'm feeling just a bit more confident. Thanks for listening and the best to all of you!

Replies

• dnewton123
    Options
    Congrats on your recent weight loss. Don't look at the mountains just enjoy the breeze and the grass.....one step at a time and the mountain will become a hill. If you want support I can be your support since I've been where you are well maybe not the 47 yr old part but the rest is me.
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and am aiming for Fit By Fifty, too. I'm just over 190 and want to get down to 135 or so. I just went to my 30th high-school reunion and felt really fat (but not old, when I realized everyone else was 48, too!).

I'm tired of being heavy--I've gained pretty steadily since high school and, as my profile says, It's time to turn this car around!

Let's get Fit by Fifty together!
  • SusanRabern
    Options
    I am 51 and my path to weight loss has had a few twists in the road. Are you still using mfp and willing to check in regularly? Let me know.