Workout music

Options
Guys,

What workout music do you listen to? ......

Replies

• sean paul, pitbull, dance cardio radio, a lot of latin music, fast hip hop music...mostly pandora radio so I can get a bit of a mixture....
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I download mixes from www.rockmyrun.com .... one free credit every month for a 30 minute mix, and you can purchase more if you want.
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tend to go to the gym from the school run on days I'm not working, so I just listen to local radio on my phone app. The presenters are funny and it's a great show although I do look a bit odd grinning like a loon on the treadmill or elliptical. I don't listen to anything when doing weights because I want to concentrate on my form and don't like getting distracted.
  • louiseyanne
    Options
    If I'm running then it's hardstyle but only for the beat . If i'm lifting weights then it's something a bit angrier.. Some old school Punk usually does the trick
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Workout Radio" on Pandora. Its alot of hip hop, which I'm not usually into, but it does the job!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My Current running playlist:

Flavor of the Weak American Hi-Fi
    One Step Closer Linkin Park
    My Way Limp Bizkit
    Fat Lip Sum 41
    I Will Survive Cake
    Lose Yourself No skips Eminem
    Seven Nation Army The White Stripes
    Party Rock Anthem (feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) LMFAO
    On The Floor (feat. Pitbull) Jennifer Lopez
    Without You (feat. Usher) David Guetta & Usher
    Only Girl (In the World) Rihanna
    Let's Get Retarded Black Eyed Peas
    Pump It Black Eyed Peas
    Anxiety Black Eyed Peas/Papa Roach
    The Distance Cake
    Love the Way You Lie (feat. Rihanna) Eminem
    Not Afraid Eminem
    Sexy and I Know It LMFAO
    In the End Linkin Park
    Killing In the Name Rage Against the Machine
    Sure Shot Beastie Boys
    Sabotage Beastie Boys
    Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) Kelly Clarkson
    We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) Rihanna
    Girlfriend Avril Lavigne
    Eye of the Tiger Survivor
    Live While We're Young One Direction
    What the Hell Avril Lavigne
    American Idiot Green Day
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    i have been trying spotify ... they have tons of playlists that you can pic depending on your music taste... it saves for looking and building your own and if you are listening to the radio you can pick that song and put it in your own playlist on the spot...
    Cool app... so far.
  • chefmickeyn
    Options
    Country music and a little techno
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    Girls at the gym tend to tune the radio to hip hop crap that I can't stand so it's headphones for me....
    Slacker Radio has a "BPM Channel"...love that it keeps a consistent upbeat tempo that's great for workouts.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I download a lot of music from Jamendo, great music uploaded by artists from all over the world. The music is licensed under creative commons which means the artists have made their music free to download and listen to for non-commercial use. www.jamendo.com
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I listen to audio books when I run keeps my pace even
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Men At Work - Land Down Under. It makes me laugh, which is a little harder to work out through, but makes time go by faster!

Also, I'm just discovering the odd use of calming music - classical and instrumental pieces. I don't know why, but it seems to make the movements come easier.
  • liquidpete24
    Options
    For dancing, it's the most obnoxious, thumpy stuff there is.
    For long walks, I prefer grunge music, for an 8 mile deal I pretty much listen to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots and Alice in Chains, you gotta get that lonely guy energy going.
    Hard rock or speed metal is good for kickboxing workouts. Everset's "Shooting star" will get you pumped whether you understand Japanese or not.
  • KaydaRN
    KaydaRN Posts: 48
    Options
    Weight training I like a variety: Rob Bailey & the Hustle Standard, The Kills, METZ, Sleigh Bells, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Asking Alexandria….
  • DesertDriver
    Options
    What a variety of musical taste that is to work too!! Yet if you go into any Gym it's always heavy beat dance music, which is ok but it does kind of get boring after a while, in my opinion anyway!

I used to listen to a lot of Ministry of sound dance music, also had the 80's thing going on for a while too .... But now I find I'm listening to a playlist which contains AC/DC, Morrissey, The Smiths & Chas & Dave! .... Yes Chas & Dave .... The Brits will know who Chas & Dave is lol
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I use pandora and have a few go-to stations for when I'm lifting:

Ice Cube
    Southern Hip Hop
    Killswitch Engage
    Story of the Year

Just depends on my mood.
  • aligirrrrl
    Options
    I use spotify!

When I run I need something a little more calming to get me in the right mind set and keep my breathing in check.
    I usually go for things like Iron and Wine and Bon Iver

For when I do more intense cardio and am just looking to burn calories I like to go for more upbeat and funky... things like Passion Pit, Givers, Santigold, Lykke Li, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Tame Impala ... everyone in a while I'll go Childish Gambino or some Watch the Throne... I also like things like The Head and the Heart, Mumford and Sons and Monsters and Men.

Hope my suggestions help :)
  • lovetiffany
    lovetiffany Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to think I'm crazy when I say what I listen to...

If I'm at the gym and have headphones on, you can almost always bet I'm listening to Christian music. Even when I'm running. I have my favorite artists on spotify and know most of the songs word for word (which Isn't true for any other genre thanks to my awful memory). When I run I try to focus on the music so I'm singing along in my head instead of thinking about how much I have left. The music also inspires me so it keeps me in a good mood and such...

With that being said I know I'm weird.

For my more upbeat moods I usually just run to inspiring (to me) pop songs...
    -Kelly Clarkson '' stronger ''
    - Natasha Bedingfield (spelling?) '' unwritten''
    -Colbie Caliat '' brighter than the sun''

Stuff like that.

I'm a very very very calm person though.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    All sorts of music

My current favourites are
    Loreen - Euphoria
    Britney Spears - Stronger
    Grease - Grease Lightning
    Kraantje Pappie - Waar is Kraan?
    Liquido - Narcotic
    t.A.T.u. - Ne ver, Ne boisia
    Nightwish - Wish I had an Angel
    Within Temptation - Iron
    Adele - Rumour has it
    Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Depends on where the workout is.

The new gym I joined has music playing so I don't need my mp3player anymore. They usually have a good selection of current music.

When I was in college they didn't have music - so I listened to songs which had a strong beat or were fast pace, even rap!

Try songs like "black and yellow" or "walk it out" , which have a strong beat and mindless lyrics so you can focus on working out.